who would win in a war?

You must keep in mind, Hero, that each of those movies is pure SF. If, in a movie, you saw someone build a functioning jump drive out of seventeen toothbrushes and a sock, would you say that jump drives are low tech?
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if it didn't include any duct tape or bubblegum.
biggrin.gif

Didn't they extract that crystal from the shipkiller?

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

You do realise that duct tape holds a large amount of the world together, as does gaffers tape.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC, Klaus is calling duct tape "high tech"
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Last time I checked there were only 4 basic elements, Unless, of course, you consider Milla Jovovich an element.
smile.gif
And even they aren`t exactly basic.

Oh, a Fifth Element reference. Yes, that was an... entertaining movie.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

In S:AaB the cloning took 18 years. It's just like a testtube baby, only it's in a big tank and they let them mature there until they're adults: old enough to be used. Then comes the problem you still have to teach them everything.

I can't help it. The shows been canceled for years and I still know everything...
It was S:AaB that actually got me into WC.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

No Regret: I stand corrected
smile.gif
, but I wonder, they are clones, right? So the cloning procces itself, when does it stops in SAAB (in you happen to know)? 'Cause the human body never stops growing, while, me thinks bug ships does stop growing: I don't think their ships keep on getting bigger or *older*, so there's a difference between the two types of cloning: Let's say a bug ship grows over the period of a week 'till it reaches it's *adualt* stage, cloning it, like steampunk said, will give you faster growing ships that don't die from old age. BTW, speaking about SAAB, the chings had organic ships (just a side note
smile.gif
).

Quarto: Last time I cheaked, WC was pure SF
smile.gif

Bah, I'm sick of wrighting down my thoughts, I hate doing that, so I'll just stop now
smile.gif

Last time time checked, I hadn't grown any taller. Your nose and ear grow through out your life, but as for the rest of your body, cells only replicate to replace dead cells.

I was talking about how the bugs got the crystal. I figure they just grew it.

steampunk said:
I was talking about how the bugs got the crystal. I figure they just grew it.

Look no further than yourself for your answer. The lenzes in our eyes are basically organic crystals.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

1) The 'crystal' could be any transparant material made to the shape they wanted... it could be a big piece of glass for all we know.

2) The lenses in our eyes are more like clear little rubber balls...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Hero: They just age like you and me. They are just normal human beings except that they are are bred with a better physique than the average humen. Not that they have superhuman strenght or anything, just enough to be damn good soldiers. And the fact that their navel's on the back of their neck.

The Chig ships are organic IIRC and powered by the neural energy of the pilots. Well, at least the bombers are. That was the only Chig ship ever captured in tact.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Crystal or glass, the question remains: where did they get the raw resources needed to make it?
smile.gif

Back