who would win in a war?

i myself believe the Nephilim would win b/c the Kats never get a break....if youve seen the movie and played prophecy you know what i mean........(in the game how the kilrathi were destroyed by the ship killer.and in the movie the terran battle group gets there jump coordinates and slaughters their ships 1by1)

the bugs, they produce ships much faster and produce themsleves faster
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nephilims will crush the Kilrathis in no time.

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

TC said:
Kain, how do you know?

TC

Well, considering we KNOW that they are largely organic ships, we can figure they take a little less effort to build than our ships, which would allow you to deduce that more can be made at the same time, making the bugs quite efficient shipbuilders. And considering their numbers, I doubt they are at a lack for workers. Wouldn't surprise me if it was wrote they had another race of slaves under their command, like the Ssi'Ruuk in Star Wars.

For all we know they've just been building them for a very long time. We really don't know anything about the bugs.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

The only reason that the Kilrathi force was destroyed so easily in WCM was because of the fact that the Confederation had their jump coordinates. It would have been a very different story if the entire Kilrathi fleet would have been able to jump into Sol system AND bring their weapons online before being attacked. With the information Confed had, Tolwyn could send shots to the designated coordinates and simply wait for the Kilrathi cap ships to run into them once they make the jump. It wasn't because the Kilrathi military couldn't possibly compare to the Confederations. If it was that easy to destroy the Kilrathi...why do you think we fought for 30-40 years with them? We sure as hell didn't do it for fun.

[This message has been edited by Nohbody (edited June 12, 2000).]

Just because something's organic doesn't mean it can be produced faster. Look at yourself, par example. It takes a Human 16-20 years to reach full growth (not to mention psychological maturity, which some never reach
smile.gif
). But (with the know-how) a robotic representation of a Human could be built rapidly, and by the dozens - on a production line.

If you can re-read my post, Quarto, you'll see I never, ever said they could do it faster. I said they could do it more efficently. Differences, differences. But the ships being organic, no matter how long it takes them to generate, more of them could be made at the same time, because it would take less manpower-er, bugpower-to do each ship, since each ship would initially, build itself, or atleast the superstructure. And yes, TC is right, they could have been building them for a very long time, I'm just saying that by the ships being mainly organic, it'd take less effort to build, increasing the bugs efficiencey (SP?) to build ships. Never did I say they could be built faster. Kain said that. But by being able to have 5-10 ships generating at hte same time, maybe more, technically, yeah, they could build them a little faster than Confed ships, given the maturation (word?) speed of the ships. But since we don't know how long it takes them to generate, we'll leave that to imagination. Anyway, seeing as how the bugs are like crustations/squids, you could figure the maturity speed of the ships would be fairly quick, considering the maturity speed of those organisms we DO know of.

to me it seems the Alien Fleet in SO, expanded,some bugs escaped from kilrah,or if am wrong,confed was just snoozeing around when the bugs jumped in at proxima
smile.gif

More efficient, eh? Less effort?
smile.gif
I don't know in what sense those ships are alive, but one thing's for certain. If you want them to grow, you'll have to feed them
smile.gif

Personally, however, I actually tend to believe that the Neph ships are not actually alive - that they are organic only in the sense that they are made of plastic-like material. Certainly, these aren't the Zerg we're talking about.

Think about it. If the ships were actually living creatures, then how could we possibly incorporate Neph technology (Midway's gun, advanced missiles) into our equipment? Surely, the Midway isn't a cyborg
smile.gif

Anyway, this would probably mean that Neph ships are constructed in much the same way that Confed & Killie ships are - but of a different material.

I agree with Quarto, I too think bug ships aren't *alive*. But, I think that the bugs don't have to *grow* them, but to *clone* them... Think about it: You *grow* one ship (let's say cap-ship, 'cause they're big and take more time to *grow*) over a period of time, then clone the *mature* ship in less time.

And I myself think the cats would have win against the bugs, but only if they would have won against confed: With all the stuff left on Kilrah by those aliens (forgot their names
frown.gif
), like the clokers, the PTC, and other *junk weapons*
wink.gif
, the cats would have been a worthy apponent for the bugs (and hey, they almost did win the war against Confed, and IMO the cats would have reached BL tech in half the time the BL did, and they wouldn't have stopped there if you get my drift...)

They surely would have wanted to build something with more firepower than the Behemoth. A nova bomb perhaps?

NOT!
tongue.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Quarto said:
Personally, however, I actually tend to believe that the Neph ships are not actually alive - that they are organic only in the sense that they are made of plastic-like material. Certainly, these aren't the Zerg we're talking about.

Think about it. If the ships were actually living creatures, then how could we possibly incorporate Neph technology (Midway's gun, advanced missiles) into our equipment? Surely, the Midway isn't a cyborg
smile.gif

No, I mean, look at how the WCP/SO crew textured the ships. I mean, they just look "alive". Aleast the superstructure and shell of them is organic. Speaking of Shells, there's a possibility. Remeber the Gurgan sub from SE: TPM? How those things were "grown"? That's basically where I'm getting that from. The ships are essencially sea shells that are grown into a mold, then technology is added to it.

How the Midway's crew adapted the tech to the Midway is simple, I never said the damn thing grew it's own systems, just he structure and hull. The systems could be adapted fairly easy, just making the technoloy of the Neps and Confed handshake is the hard part. And what's this about weapons? I didn't know they used Nep. tech aboard the Midway. I always thought it was just the ingenuity of the crew, like Pliers. I mean, increasing the duration or power of a missile isn't that hard, just a matter of the ordence crew knowing what they are doing, sorta like what Pliers did in WCIV. As for the other adaptations, well, Rachel may look it, but I doubt she was supposed to be dumb as a post in the game.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Knight: Oh, I'm quite certain that they indeed were organic... but so's plastic.
smile.gif
What I'm saying is that we have no proof whatsoever that the Neph build ships faster than Confed does.
I can't remember about weapons, but I could swear that they mention using Alien tech for them. I might be wrong though
smile.gif
Increasing the duration/power of a missile without losing other attributes is quite impossible in field conditions. As I recall, Pliers' ship "upgrades" meant the loss of speed for the sake of armour, while his "upgrade" of the Starburst limited the explosion into a cone. Those missiles are produced by professionals, in high-tech production facilities. It's not just a matter of knowing what you're doing.
I won't comment about Rachel's intelligence (or rather lack of it
wink.gif
).

Yes, the Midway does incorporate Nephilem technology into their missile and shield technology. My only question is where in the hell they got that crystal for their plasma gun?! LOL. And how does cloning a fully developed cap ship mean that the Nephilem can make another fully developed one right away? When the Scots cloned that sheep...it didn't come out fully grown! Hero needs to brush up on his biology.

First thing, I hate biology, thank god I didn't have to learn it this year
wink.gif

Second, cloning a mature being shouldn't be that hard (what they did to that ship, Dolly IIRC, was putting her when she was a *baby* inside another sheep, so that was a pertty simple clone), and I think is possible with current technology. If the bugs can have organic ships, I'm pretty sure that they can also clone a mature *being* (go watch "SAAB", "The 5th Element" amd "Alien Resurrection", most are *low tech* and can clone mature beings).

If cloning were that easy we'd be growing new body parts for people right now. There are a lot of things we need to work out still. Like the fact that cloned sheep seem to mature faster than the original. Which means shorter life span. Making cloning useless.

Nohbody: Maybe they grew the crystal. It take a hell of a long time though ...

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Back