• Retros

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Pirates

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Bugs

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
BUGS

I say bugs. They came at us for no reason and love to experiment with us and that whole "a fate worse than death," and their naturally emitted bio-weapons and overall cockroach creepy-crawlyness. Pure evil!

The Black lance wasn't so bad and neither were the Kilrathi. They both simply had different sociopolitical goals and were willing to go to battle for what they honestly believed in.

Pirates aren't too bad (although can be responsible for very dispicable acts)....

Retros! Stupid religious fanatics. kind of remind me of...

AD

I choose Retros and the bugs. THey are almost at the same level of evilness, but I choose the bugs since they *knew* they were evil. The retros, on the other hand, thought they were good, and the rest of us were evil.

Well, let's see:
  • The Kilrathi are just mean, not evil...
  • Pirates are freaking cool, so count them out...
  • Retros are just stupid, they're not evil either...
  • The Bugs just seem bent on destruction, but not for any malicious purpose or anything - just because...
  • My vote for evilness goes to the Black Lance. The worst of deeds shrouded in the best intentions.
But pirates are cooler.

I want to to vote for *Humanity*, but isn´t an option so i choose the BL.

Papagod or Chirirchan are more evil....

It's Gotta Be ...

It's gotta be the bugs. They do not communicate. They are completely alien do not want to do anything but kill and maim.

I'm with Frosty on this one. The Black Lance were by far the most "evil".

Re: It's Gotta Be ...

Originally posted by RAMROD
It's gotta be the bugs. They do not communicate. They are completely alien do not want to do anything but kill and maim.
Far be it from me to defend the bugs' actions, but I simply do not see any reason other than xenophobia to believe they are more evil than the Black Lance.

I agree with Quarto and Frosty on the Black Lance. It's one thing to go on a war of conquest against another species, it's a hell of a lot worse to kill your own kind. All three (bugs, cats and bl) used bioweapons (for the bugs that is hinted at in the SO fiction), but the cats and the bugs at least have the decency to use them on their own kind. The priates and Retros are a close second for me, again because they prey on their own species. In fact the Retros are worse than the pirates, because I think if they would have been able to get a hold of some type of bioweapon, they would have used it.

I say retro's they are just too stupid to be anything but evil.

Pirates were just trying to make money and suvive, they are out

the Kilrathi were not evil either

bugs were just nuts, cant punish someone for being crazy.

black lance was not evil either they mearly sought to help out mankind, when someone tries to do that and win, they are called visionaries, when someone tries to do that and looses they are called evil for no reason.

Originally posted by Shane
but the cats and the bugs at least have the decency to use them on their own kind.
Well, I don't know if that would have really been considered decent, but at least it would have saved us a lot of effort :).
(you accidentally skipped the 'not' ;))

Your argument makes absolutely no sense, Napoleon - you defend the BL by saying they tried to save mankind, while condemning the Retros, who were trying to do the very same thing?
And, ignoring that contradiction, your argument still makes no sense - even if the BL had won, the survivors would have considered it as evil. Certainly if 90% of the people I knew were killed, I would not consider their murderer to be a visionary.

It's got to be the Black Lance really...

The Kilrathi were a warrior-like race (a cat-like version of the Klingons, they even had similar style written language!) and to carry war star-ward of them was only natural.

The bugs just seem hell-bent on shooting everything.

But the Black Lance on the other hand, is far more sneaky and evil, trying to get the body who fund it to declare war, and commiting attroscities here there and everywhere in peacetime...

Originally posted by Napoleon
black lance was not evil either they mearly sought to help out mankind, when someone tries to do that and win, they are called visionaries, when someone tries to do that and looses they are called evil for no reason.

I am in total agreement. The Black Lance didn't murder people for no reason at all. They had an ideal and plan, which they believed was just and righteous. You can't blame someone for choosing something to believe in, picking a side and fighting for it.

If that's the case, Colonel Blair was an evil, evil man for shooting down numerous Confed pilots over his beliefs during the conflict with the UBW.

I have to split this between the retros and the BL lets face it one group is a bunch of masmurders and the other once to tell use how to live.

As for the kendred organced crime is not as evil as the above groups.

Originally posted by Col.Dom
If that's the case, Colonel Blair was an evil, evil man for shooting down numerous Confed pilots over his beliefs during the conflict with the UBW.

The problem with that statement is that Blair faught for the survival of peace in Confed against an agressive foe. The Black Lance was a group that was eliminating "innocent" civilians and using covert activites to orchestrate a war to facilitate their needs.

One is about survival, the second one is about twisting people's lives to fit your needs which, in the end, aren't as rightous as it's means.

When you think about it, both sides were fighting for survival. The Black Lance sought survival through superiority and purity, where Blair and the UBW sought it through a "live and let live," policy and harmony amongst men.

On the topic of harmony amongst men, the Black Lance sought that too. Through common foes and constant cameraderie through struggle, there could have been a truly magnificant harmony. Tolwyn's plan would have actually created more harmony than "live and let live."

This could be debated forever, though. It all depends on one's beliefs, really. I personally agree with Tolwyn and the Black Lance on some points, so they don't seem so bad.

... but what truly defines an evil person? As humans, we all have the ability to justify our means with the ends and we all have our different beliefs and ideals. So, one man's evil may be another's moral!

One question, though... how can a pirate be considered "evil?" They may be criminals and not right with laws and policies but I wouldn't consider them evil....

BUGS are evil :D

Back