where's the f'n patch?

Sobriquet

Spaceman
Okay, I'm lovin' the nostalgia of Privateer Remake. Great job on just getting this thing out as an open source project. Things like this RARELY see the light of day.

However, I am at the frustrating point of shelving this broken POS. How on Earth (or New Detroit, for that matter) do you get around the massive fleets of cloned/recloned fighters that randomly swarm you right out of the gate? I am just playing along, then I save the game on a mining station after completing some objectives. There are NO enemies ANYWHERE when I save. However after restart/reload there are a dozen, then after I'm summarily whacked, there are two dozen. Lather, rinse repeat. My radar screen looks like a kid with the chicken pox.

I managed to run like a school girl the first time, but this time their numbers are just too great and they follow me into the next system and beatch-slap me around like the noob that I am.

I have searched these forums and can't seem to find any mention of a fix. Only one other thread commenting on this, but no effective work around. Any help/direction?

If you mean the WCU patch, I only give it to people who are polite. If you mean a fix for game play related issues in the Priv Remake proper, it's coming.

Sobriquet said:
I managed to run like a school girl the first time, but this time their numbers are just too great and they follow me into the next system and beatch-slap me around like the noob that I am.

I have searched these forums and can't seem to find any mention of a fix. Only one other thread commenting on this, but no effective work around. Any help/direction?
I haven't been in the situation myself, but have you tried saving the game on the station you managed to land on, then QUIT the game and restart privateer (which also currently loads your game, providing you didn't go get beatch-slappen, but quit right after saving). This resets the world, in my experience, so any hoarde of followers you have going should be gone.

unPC, always; ascerbic, sometimes; impolite, never.

BTW, I've seen some of your comments/suggestions/input for WCU . . . WAY TO GO!!! Awesome job.

Do you know of any work around in-game whilst I wait (politely :-p ) for the patch?

Back