Where to get Wing Commander?

I know they're trying to make a bunch of changes, but have been running into stronger-than-expected opposition from just about everyone... it's possible you ran into some brief experimental version of a new search or that you were seeing something that got forced out by users.

I know they're trying to make a bunch of changes, but have been running into stronger-than-expected opposition from just about everyone... it's possible you ran into some brief experimental version of a new search or that you were seeing something that got forced out by users.

could be...

Have you seen this one before:http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-CD-WING-COMMANDER-Import-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ360023286358QQihZ023QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I *think* it's the sega version but I don't recognize any of the packaging

Yup, I've got one of those -- it is the Japanese SegaCD version. It has a nice full color manual booklet (though not as nice as the expanded Claw Marks in the Japanese SNES version.)

MegaCD was the name for the SegaCD everywhere but in the US, I believe.

Has there been any other word about the Wing commander game? Any confirmation on if it is true or not? Not asking for details...on a when it's coming out or what platform. Just confirmation that there IS another full WC gaming in prodution. If it is true you'd think that EA would like any free publicity unless the game is still in very early production and may still be scraped like the other WC projects.

Hi, new to the forums, but I have been looking around for a couple of years.

I just picked up the Wing 1 and Wing 2 Deluxe CD for $12.95 on Half. It didn't have a box or books, but getting both games complete with expansions on one CD is not too shabby. Now I'm looking at picking up the other titles. Ordered Privateer and Privateer 2 already, have had Prophecy for years now. Need to find good copies of 3, 4, Academy, and Armada. How much of a single player experience is Armada?

Armada is a fantastic game. The single player gauntlet is pretty tough. The strategy game is really great. Finding people to play isn't that hard either. Chris and I have played a few games and its MP in space flight is superior to WCP's.

I also grabbed the combo WC1/2 disc a few months back. It's a great deal for so many great games. You should join in with us in the replay. We just started Secret Missions 1 this week.

I bought Wing Commander years ago in a CD compilation, nabbing Academy and WC1 in one fell swoop, wound up getting a new copy of WC1 with both Secret Missions later on, then picked up Privateer and WC2 (Deluxe) another time. I forget the details, it's been so long. Fun, fun games. Ironically, I'd picked it up because I found a strategy guide (unofficial, but fun) to the series from WC1 to Academy and Privateer a few years before while on vacation as a kid.

Reading this thread i just remember how i knew WC. I bought a used pc, and it had WC1 with SM2 installed. I obviously loved it, but i never got an original copy until i bought WCKS many years later. Before that, i bought WC2 and later i found in a store a box with both Special operations! (I still have that box). They were in 5,25' disks. Then i bought a Sound Blaster package that had Privateer and academy. When i saw Kilrathi Saga i bought it inmediatly, and that was the first time that i played Secret Missions 1!!
It was easier to buy the others, but i never got armada.

How much of a single player experience is Armada?

Armada isn't really known for its single player experience (more as a multiplayer game that was ahead of its time), but I played the hell out of it by myself. Like Arena, more of its background story is actually told in the manual, but there are two lengthy 15-mission single player experiences. More than that, they're actually playable in cooperative multiplayer for two people (and online with HCl's patches). The missions are very difficult, so having the second player helps a lot. The strategic portion has a random map generator, so if you like turn based strategy, you can play that forever.

Back