Where to buy Auto-Tracking

I've seen them pop up in other places such as New Detroit and New Constantinople as well, but there is almost always at least one at Perry.

bought them in new constantinople (naval space station) and new detroit (planet).
90k for weapon slot.
they are good when enemy ships fly "normal", but when they start to fly insane loops you better shut them off.

You will find that if you wish to change weapons after buying them, they will stay with the ship you bought them for, but they don't show up on the right menu, so you can't sell them if you wanted to. They are a great help. You might want to rapid-fire after the ship turns around and flys away from you, thats when they seem to fly straight.

I have found that Tacyons seem to be the best buy, it only takes 2-3 shots to destroy a Talon (with 4 on a Demon mind you), but I recently tried 4 lasers (they fire at .30 Tacs at .40 ie faster) and I seem to kick but just as good as the "heavy" gun. So, if you need money to buy something else try lasers w/auto-tracking for a while until you can get the more expensive ones.

Have fun!

Starblazer

In general, Autotracking rocks.

However, when several enemy ships are flying right at you...it seems that I could do a lot better manually. Many times the shots just fly all over the place (probably aiming for different ships, but the shots often don't connect and the ship my crosshairs are on escapes unscathed).

Anyone know if it can be toggled on/off in combat?

Back