When a mission says to Eject cargo...

hellcatv

Swabbie
Banned
If you get a mission that asks you (either directly or indirectly!) to eject mission cargo...you need to do so by hitting the eject mission cargo key (shift-X) repeatedly
you can eject non mission cargo with cntrl-X for other purposes (such as appeasing pirates)

remember your decisions are yours to make... it's up to you whether you eject the cargo or not... remember good and bad are not always so obvious on the frontier--pick your enemies wisely

if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you haven't reached this point in the game...check the announcement for hints

How do I avoid ejecting that one unique bit of cargo along with the rest? Shift-X seems to start at the top of the list, and the first entry is not the one I want ejected...

Tractor beam?

Or, you could just eject everything and then use a tractor beam to grab that one crate that you want from the pile of free-floating stuff. Yes, I know. That sounds a bit haphazard, but it worked in the original Privateer game.

That does not work in the mission that gives you the option to eject mission cargo. Any mission cargo ejected seems to instantly disappear.

When I play this mission

When I have finished dumping it all, the cargo disappears as I dump those bitchin things then space dudes arrive to say hello

yes they should disappear for the plot mission you refer to... please explore that path of the campaign at least in one of your savegames

MamiyaOtaru said:
Use pageup and pagedown to scroll through the list until what you want to eject is at the top.
Didn't work for me. The Cargo Manifest doesn't respond to keys. Instead I get the list of previously gotten messages scrolled (even if I just restarted the game).

Back