What's the Stupidest Way You've Died? (Now 20% More New And Improved!)

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Then I accidentally hit Maniac with a dumbfire... and I was shot down by my own people :(
That's really frustrating. I've accidentally killed wingmen in WCP when they run in front of my IRs. Doubly frustrating, that dual mission at the end of WCP - I accidentally killed a wingman with the plasma. Had to start all over. Grrr.

I have a question...

Why is it in Wing Commander 3 you can blow up the Ajax with no result? I blew it up in a longbow, completed a mission and flew back to the Victory, and I was treated like normal...

Also in Wing Commander 3, you know how that 1 Pilot always dies? You know what I mean, the mission with an emergency scramble while Flash sleeps in the Barracks! Anyway the 1 pilot always seems to die. Somehow, 1 time I saved him. It was on Rookie I ran straight for the dralthi that missle him down and launched 2 fof's and he didn't die (took them both out!) Or at least I don't think he did.. I never got the message "Ahh I'm burning up" or whatever it was. Has anyone else ever done this? I haven't been able to do so since!

Also I was wondering if, on WC4, it is possible for Vagabond to die on your wing. If so, whats does the scene where Vagabond usually dies look like?!

Why is Seether the easiest guy in Wing Commander 4 to kill? He uncloaks (on Ace at least) and launches 1 missle, just decoy 1 time, get on his tail, he cloaks, but being as you're in a dragon you can see cloaked ships, so you just shoot at him when he's cloaked to take him out... Ever notice that?!

Ben (with his day to day thoughts)

Ok I just _have_ to post on this one.

Was replaying the Axius mission in WC4 and decided to start shooting up the Dragons on the other side of the jump point. I get to the superbase and it starts scrambling the Dragons .... only that after the 4th dragon was scrambled and shot, the following dragons were somehow launched into the hull of the superbase and just kinda got stuck there, each one with 2 quadrants of armor in the red and damage up to about 90%. So I tried to close in and finish them off, only to get myself stuck a few hundred meters outside the superbase's hull doing exactly what the other dragons were doing ... I couldn't shoot through the "hull" to get at the dragons either, but it was kinda cool watching the weapons impacting right in front of your cockpit ;)

And here's a runner-up: WC4 again, doing a manual landing on the Intrepid. Somehow I kicked off a starburst, and it flew straight into the hangar bay and detonated.

"Hull integrity failing! We're going down ...."

oops.

Oh, and Seether liked my starburst too ... yeah ;)

-pen

Re: I have a question...

Originally posted by Ben
Also in Wing Commander 3, you know how that 1 Pilot always dies? You know what I mean, the mission with an emergency scramble while Flash sleeps in the Barracks! Anyway the 1 pilot always seems to die. Somehow, 1 time I saved him.

It's un-possible to save Weasel -- he's "set" to die... nothing actually kills him, he just explodes. You can load WC3 up with the cheat code, finger of death all the enemy fighters immediately and he'll still die. (This is the same thing that happens to Behemoth -- no matter how many enemy fighters you kill, it still blows up).

Also I was wondering if, on WC4, it is possible for Vagabond to die on your wing. If so, whats does the scene where Vagabond usually dies look like?!

No, Vagabond either dies at the comm station if you defect or offscreen if you don't. (You can shoot him down if you don't defect, but he survives).

That's correct, Epee's were around during the 'Claw's career.

(The version you see in WC2 is, afterall, the F-54C)

Originally posted by Mav23
well I can understand running into the side of the Claw or the Concordia, due to the horrible graphics... but the Victory?!?!?!

P.S. Does anyone know Kris V.'s e-mail address, I'm too lazy to look for it :)
Try this got hit by my own HS after the battle.
:rolleyes: or burnup on enter to planet.:mad: Yes i did the call thing.

wow... either I'm just really good or had it on invulnerable but didn't know it, 'cause none of this stuff has ever happened to me :) Well, besides my wingmen running into my missiles that is ;)

I hate it when you kill another confed on accident. But why dont they shot each other if they kill one of there own.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

Don't we see an Epee in WCATV? :p

We all know that the show was off-kilter when it came to history anyways (if I remember right, it was supposed to take place years before Blair became an active pilot, which was in 2654; the show takes place in the 2650s).

please, we all know where this goes, loop-de-loop arguments on whether or not it fits the timeline and blabaty bla bla and it goes nowhere... of course, that can be fun too :p

Originally posted by Wulf
We all know that the show was off-kilter when it came to history anyways (if I remember right, it was supposed to take place years before Blair became an active pilot, which was in 2654; the show takes place in the 2650s).

AFAIK, WCATV mostly takes place during WC1
Although this always struck as being a bit strange, I never had any major problems to accept WCATV as canon.

Back