What is the best death scene, IYO?

Yeah I tried that but very often I died such a stupid death (ramming an asteroid/cap ship, especially in Wc1/2 when I used my joystick's buttons to launch a missile but instead activated the AB), so I did give up after some time.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Yeah I tried that but very often I died such a stupid death (ramming an asteroid/cap ship, especially in Wc1/2 when I used my joystick's buttons to launch a missile but instead activated the AB), so I did give up after some time.
LOL You must have skipped some Academy classes... :D

Ah well... who hasn't died at least once afterburning towards the Tiger's Claw while trying to land? [points at self :) ]

The first time i ever played WC, I tried to manually land my ship on the TC, well, you can't do that. I died. It was a very sad day.

Eh... :)
Myself, it took me ages to figure out that I had to approach the ship from the front, for the automatic landing sequence to start... :eek:

ahh! you are much quicker than me! it took me ages to figure out you had to ask to land! I just kept ejecting!

Originally posted by Wulf
out of any WC game...

Personally, I've always found the scene where I die to be the most wrenching and tragic. Holds true from WC1-WCP, and beyond...:D

The best Death Scene ever: When I crashed into the SIDE of the landing bay by pressing autopilot.

now that takes talent!

I just played the very first mission in WC1 in a Rapier today. I'm flying patrol with Angel. We fly, dodge some asteroids, kill some cats, head home all is nice.
Approaching the Tiger's Claw. I request landing clearance and approach the Claw at what I think is the right angle at a steady pace of 250kps.
I notice the landing sequence doesn't start, so I pull out of the landing attempt to swing around and try again.
'Mon ami, you'll have to go on without me!' I hear.
Angel actually crashed into the side of the Claw when following my fly-around attempt.
Now that is one dedicated formation flyer! ;)

Those defiant, heroic deaths, like Eisen taking out the dreadnaught with the Victory and Angel's (and Blair's) really sum up the whole WC feeling for me.

Fighting til the end.

You know (I'm new here) I enjoy taking a morningstar from WCA, arming the mace, then launching it a few meters away from a capitol ship, while hitting the afterburners. I just enjoy watching the big one explode when mine does.

Originally posted by mpanty
Eh...
Myself, it took me ages to figure out that I had to approach the ship from the front, for the automatic landing sequence to start...

Originally posted by Zor Prime
ahh! you are much quicker than me! it took me ages to figure out you had to ask to land! I just kept ejecting!

If it makes you proud, you are both incredibly stupid! :D :)

"So just out of curiosity any one else try and do anything similar with any of the wing commander games?"

I did wcp right through on nightmare without dying once, in one sitting too - took about 18 hours with some breaks - totally wrecked my wrist and shoulder though, couldnt use a joystick for a couple of days

You know, this reminds me that landing in WCP is a little to easy. Casey automatically asks permission to land, your usually always pointed at the hanger when you come off autopilot (except defend the carrier missions), and all you have to do is be near it and you land. Sheesh, the kids have it easy these days.

Well in fairness not counting the Tiger's Claw how many times have you died landing? With a few exceptions it was a generally a pretty routine, and safe task. Still would have liked to take it manually though. After all in Wc3/4 you could always try and be a little stylish in your landings. I always liked bringing it in fast from an angle. Heh you can never be trully positive if your going to pull it off as the landing bay will be a flat sprite that doesn't open up till the the last second that way :D . Although I'll grant you I did have a quite a few crashes with the Tiger's Claw.

That sounds pretty bad Zor. ;)

I did die stupidly after a mission in an Epee. Got impatient getting to the Concordia, so I hit the afterburners... just a little too long...

The mission in WC4 where the Intrepid and the Lexington have the final showdown... trying to takeoff a moving Lexington without getting scratched is a bit annoying, IIRC.

Back