What is EA thinking?!?

Could somebody post a list of options/projects being worked on and contacts for each project?

I'm a relative newcomer, so i dont know that much about what's going on, but I am as interested as anyone else, more interested than most, in keeping WC alive. I've been a fan since I picked up WC3 two years ago, and just finished the most intense and emotional period of gaming ever - WC4 in three days. I was rocked. And now that the WC system is apparently going out, someone, or several people, should step up and attempt to organize the fan effort. For myself, I plan to learn C coding and modeling over the summer, and attempt to revive the UE project. However, I have a somewhat more ambitious long-term goal. The college I am aimed at is focused on computer tech, especially gaming. For the major project required during the senior year, I hope to have a WC game based on the WCP engine, or if I can rewrite the physics models, the best engines available at the time. I know that five years is a long time, but its what I'm looking at. For now, if there is anybody interested in actively training mission makers, modelers, scripters, or others, I suggest that such starts happening ASAP. I for one will be a willing student.

everybody: do NOT start looking for a WC like game! we must stick whit WC and not Colony wars, freespace, descent or what ever...

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

Pete was one of the few guys that didn't leave Origin after Secret Ops (a number were rehired last year actually, but whatever).. don't know about his status now though.

Err....maybe I'm a bit too optimistical, but this sounds like an early April 1 joke.
It's so unbelievable I can't believe anything else. WC can't be dead. WC would make Origin MONEY, and sometimes I think MONEY is all they care for (Multiplayer only).
Really I believe you guys posted this a bit too early so that we won't find it out too fast. I'll not believe this news until it's official.
Sorry
wink.gif

Bugscratch

Last edited by a moderator:
uhm...bugscratch, you're new around here aren't you?
wink.gif

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

What is it with these companies killing off great games? First Sierra (may they spend eternity in the hell of roasting testicles) and B5-Into the Fire, and now Origin/EA and Wing Commander...do these people even care what the fans think?

mad.gif

------------------
'Do what thou wilt. So mete it be'.

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions

I for one want more Wing Commander games and damn it I want them now! (if that's ok with OS and EA) I have played every WC game (in order) three times over in the corse of a week (hey I'm unemployed now). For the past three months I have been playing FreeSpace & FS2. I admit that the story in the two games sucks (WC has much better carecters and history(battle of tarra and destruction of Kilrah) and the multiplayer part of it has it's drawbacks (lag!!!), but I still play it. The reason I play it is simple. The game has a great game engine and the efects and AI are damn good. Alot of times I wish I could combine WC FS to make one kickas game that would never be disputed. It's just so heartbreaking to see a game that I (and so many others) love fade away. Sure we can always play the classics and keep th game alive that way but without a new game every now and then new fans woun't be brought into the fold and WC sites and games will be forgotten and end up in the trash along with D&D and other clasics. I have heard people say "WC isn't just a game, it's a way of life" and I for one believe that with all of my heart. So take the time and go to the link in Q's sig and say that you won't let this game go quetly into the night. Tell those guys at Electronic Arts and Origin Systems know that there are still people out there that want Wing Commander. It is afterall you and I that buy the game, and I for one would be more than happy to pay $80 for the next installment of the game I can truly say I love.

Gee, that didn't make sence at all. Note to self: Drink less coffee.

-------------
You might be a redneck if...You've never paid for a haircut.
You might be a redneck if...There is a sheet hanging in your closet and a gun rack hanging in your truck.

Maybe Origin is trying to prolong the WC for later. What i mean is ever have something good to eat when you havent eaten all day? Maybe that's what there doing here. Or maybe their just soulless sons of b*tches that deserve to roast in a roach infested hell for eternity and beyond. Personnally i prefer the WC idea...

I've sent in my name for the Source Code Release Project thingie. Hope it helps out somewhat...

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Ah, what the heck. As long as I get the rest of the Caribbean.
smile.gif
Oh yeah, and the source code. That's always a good thing...

Back