What if.....?!

Karthik@KANE

Spaceman
Kilrathi Saga, Price of Freedom and Prophercy Gold were released through a 3rd party like Sold Out UK?! Of course they have to get the license from EA first and give in some royalty.

Would it be possible? If they did, which I'm not telling they are, would it affect the current value of The Kilrathi Saga?

Karthik@KANE said:
...Would it be possible? If they did, which I'm not telling they are, would it affect the current value of The Kilrathi Saga?
Simple market economics ("the law of supply & demand"), bub:
IF KS were re-released, we'd see the asking prices/opening & closing bids for it on e-bay go down, possibly even plummet.

Demand = great

Supply = mo' better
(i.e., More copies of it available in the marketplace - and at a more reasonable price than on ebay)

Bottom line = Lower prices for all interested parties, and more of us would be able to get our hands on this precious and rare bird, without signing over our mortgages to do so.

SCHWEEEET!

Depends. To a casual gamer, yea, the price would be lower. But if you were a collector and wanted the original release, it would still be just as high probably.

At least now I may get a copy of Prophecy. The downside is waving a Kilrathi Saga box around telling people how much it was worth gave me alot of honor. :D

Needaham45 said:
Depends. To a casual gamer, yea, the price would be lower. But if you were a collector and wanted the original release, it would still be just as high probably.
Um, how U figure that?... If the price is lower, it's lower; what does your perspective haveto do with it?

Indeed, if anything, I'd think the price would "still" be too high for a casual gamer (rather than hardcore types like us) cuz they'd expect such an old game to cost next to nothing, whereas we know better....
:(

I doubt it would affect KSaga's value very much... KSaga is precious because it comes with a calendar and a neat (if error-filled) manual. So, one of those cheap editions with a PDF manual just wouldn't be worth very much to us. Sure, everybody here who doesn't have KSaga would buy one, but then the hunt for the original release would resume...

Alas I had the full KS pack, loaned the WC3 cds to a friend, lost track of him, never saw them again, sob. Oh well I still have DOS and PSx. But if it came out again even one of those Classic ReReleases, I would buy it. But not for the overinflated ebay prices.
Jim

KS is only valuable on eBay -- a bit of 'real life' searching can generally net it for only a few dollars in a used video games store or at a big yard sale.

Bandit LOAF said:
...a bit of 'real life' searching can generally net it for only a few dollars in a used video games store or at a big yard sale.
Yeah, I'm still searching for it. The Holy Grail of my computing life. Sheesh.

Back