What can the vision engine do

what can the vision enigne do

just wondering what can it do and what cant it do because i have a great idea for a mod for it but will need to know is what i asked if anyone can help tell what it can do i would be \greatful
Blackwolf

It's more helpful to be specific. It's difficult to list all specific features. What do you want to do with it?

:D
Would like to make a Robotech/Macross Mod with it.robotech and macross fans would l9ke to play a pc game for there and my favarite anime and it is like Wing commander thats why i like wing commander so much the only thing different in robotech and macross is that the ships can transform to robots but i know that might not be possiable but on the other hand it might be any ways i would like to make a robotech.macross mod with the vision engine and wing commander secrect ops.
Blackwolf

Well you won't be able to use transformable fighters and there's no support for atmospheric missions.:(
But you could setup missions so that one might use the basic fighter configuration. While another uses the robot configuration, though it would move an act like a fighter. Since the robot version would have to essentially be a different fighter in the engine you could tweak the YPR so that moves diferently from the fighter configuration.
The only Robotech elements you wouldn't be able to implement, to my knowledge, is the ability to convert your ship at will. But then again I'm not an expert at this!:p

Hey do you know something I don't. Because I've been trying to find a way around that particular problem for my own Mod!

Apparantly I do...

You can fake it by making a big mesh for the landscape... That's actually been tested and looked quite nice. Enemy bases, turrets, tanks and the like have also been discussed... one could, theoretically do them as turrets or cap ship components. If you really want to get energetic, and don't mind starting the mission in the atmosphere, you can add a sector file with blue sky...

Every time I'vew asked about it I got the answers that sort of pointed to it slowing down the game.

cool thanks man plus i think isnt there a way to make ingame mid mission movies and make the fighter transform in a point durring the mission like have a explosion cover the ship and while in the explosion the model changes to the robot form
Blackwolf
so you like the idea for a robotech/macross mod

Originally posted by Shaggy
Every time I'vew asked about it I got the answers that sort of pointed to it slowing down the game.

Any model slows down the game... It just depends on how much so...

intrepid01.jpg

Originally posted by TC
Any model slows down the game... It just depends on how much so...

I can get 3 Stilettos to slow the game down to a crawl! I gotta redo that darned model :p

--Eder

Back