What became of Gwen "Archer" Bowman?

Crimsonstar

Spaceman
Fortunately, nothing serious happened with Dana Dulaney after her fall. Her character, Gwen "Archer" Bowman from the Academy cartoon was part of the trifecta with Blair and Maniac. What did happen to her? Did her PTSD resurface and the medical boards force her to be permanently grounded? That would have been the best outcome given how the series is deadly to wingmen not Maniac or Paladin. Did she get assigned to another unit? Though Tolwyn would pull some strings and have her assigned to the Claw with Blair and Maniac for the Vega Campaign. Would have been interesting if she did participate in the Vega Campagin, Operation Thors Hammer and Operation Crusade. I'm sure she would have gotten along really well with Angel. Even so, probably wouldn't have expected her to live too long and get KIA sometime before the Battle of Terra.

She has never been mentioned in canon since so it's anyone's guess! She's not one of the Tiger's Claw survivors Jazz is hunting, so she either was elsewhere by the attack on Goddard or she went down with the ship... or died in the ensuing years, I suppose!

That said: there's a bit in Maniac's bio in the Wing Commander Prophecy guide that says he has been married twice, once for three years and once for twenty two days. I have always thought she must have been one of those marriages!

She has never been mentioned in canon since so it's anyone's guess! She's not one of the Tiger's Claw survivors Jazz is hunting, so she either was elsewhere by the attack on Goddard or she went down with the ship... or died in the ensuing years, I suppose!

That said: there's a bit in Maniac's bio in the Wing Commander Prophecy guide that says he has been married twice, once for three years and once for twenty two days. I have always thought she must have been one of those marriages!
I could defiantly see that happening Loaf, Archer did seem to be one of Maniac's closest friends on The Claw. My money would personally be on the longer term marriage vs the short one.

As far as what else happened I think it depends on if she was able to recover completely from her hesitation issues pulling the trigger. Life expectancy of pilot is short enough as it is.

Yeah, they were setting Maniac and Archer up for a potential relationship the same way they were Blair and McEaddens. Probably most apparent in Recreation, but there are nods throughout!

As for her hesitation, I think On Both Your Houses is effectively the end of it... she has no problem barreling down on the dreadnaught in the finale!

"She's not one of the Tiger's Claw survivors Jazz is hunting"

True, but neither is Hawk. And he was on board during Goddard, correct? Wasn't he a communications officer or something at the time...

I don't know if Jazz's list is exhaustive.

Not entirely sure what Hawk's story is and seemed to be just something Prophecy just threw in to make things more dramatic. Personnel come and go all the time so it can be presumed Jazz only targeted pilots and crew members that were on the Claw when Gilkarg wrecked Goddard. If Hawk was a new pilot assigned to the Claw for the mission to K'tithrak Mang, he likely had to have been sortied when the Claw was ambushed and bore witness to the grisly remains of Iceman in his ejection pod. Neither Hawk nor Maniac weren't ever in the mood to be nostalgic about the Claw during their time on the Intrepid.

All in all, I still think Archer would not have lasted too long. If by some Act of Sivar, she survived to be posted on the Victory, she would have been a better love interest than Rachel or Flint.

Back