We've Got a Secret (August 11, 2008)

I still had the SO files backed up, but this is amazing news! Hopefully new WC fans will be able to play this game now.

I still haven't played any of them except the episode that comes with the main file, so this is gonna rock!

I'm logging back in (after how long?) just to say YES! AWESOME! I've been wanting to play this ever since I found out about it... but by then it had already been pulled!

Now I finally get to finish Prophecy for good!

Doesn't work for me :(

Greetings all,

I know this one came out YEARS ago when 3DFX cards were still popular (I had propechy once, sold it on ebay ages ago). Have just downloaded this version (thanks CIC!) and can't get it to work. Upon launching it just quits back to the desktop with a fault in serectops.exe. :(

I've tried changing the Settings so it uses Direct3D but it just doesn't want to work. Can anybody help?

I'm currently playing it on an old Celeron Windows XP SP2 machine with Geforce 2MX card.

Hope all of you that are reliving the WC Experience are enjoying it.

Working now :)

No sooner do I post then I solve it.

I just had to enable Windows 98 compatability mode.

Note to self - turn brain on first.

Thank you so much for this CIC and Origin! :D

I kind of just assumed everybody was stealing SO anyway and wouldn't care about this.

To be honest? I was trying my very hardest to do so but couldn't find any way to do it. (It was the only thing I was attempting, by the way- I honestly thought the thing was still free.)

I have the German files as well. but only in the split version. Base game and speech addon. I actually sent a DL link (by now of course invalid) to the CIC for them at least once on the past..

I was hoping for the slim chance that these wouldn't be just as easy as regular Prophecy, but oh well, it's GREAT to be playing official Wing Commander that I haven't before.

Ready for episode two now and I see that I'm jumping into Ella. Ah, the memories. Could that still be BBQed superbase that I smell after all these years?

I have the German files as well. but only in the split version. Base game and speech addon. I actually sent a DL link (by now of course invalid) to the CIC for them at least once on the past..

The full version has been available in German on our FTP for years - we didn't have permission to post individual episodes until yesterday.

I was hoping for the slim chance that these wouldn't be just as easy as regular Prophecy, but oh well, it's GREAT to be playing official Wing Commander that I haven't before.

I seem to recall that WCSO is sort of unbalanced in terms of difficulty -- you'll have a set of missions designed with an ordinary number of opponents... and then a set with sixty gazillion Devil Rays.

I seem to recall that WCSO is sort of unbalanced in terms of difficulty -- you'll have a set of missions designed with an ordinary number of opponents... and then a set with sixty gazillion Devil Rays.

I think only the first set is fairly easy...once you get into the later episodes it's the sixty gazillion Devil Rays and Mantas at every damn nav point. Most of the time your radar will be almost solid red.

Cff I don't have the split version anymore only the full versions but I would like them if you can post them.

I'm looking for both German and English.

I think only the first set is fairly easy...once you get into the later episodes it's the sixty gazillion Devil Rays and Mantas at every damn nav point. Most of the time your radar will be almost solid red.

I remember when I first played SO I was thinking, "Damn, this is what the radar must have looked like for those pilots in Fleet Action."

Back