We're Number... Five? (March 31, 2008)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
This week's PC World 'Casual Friday' column, "Putting the 'Video' in Video Games" discusses the 1990s Full Motion Video trend... and ranks the best on an inexplicable scale. Of our game:
5. Mark Hamill (and a whole cast full of people such as Malcolm McDowell, John Rhys-Davies, and...hmmm...Ginger Lynn Allen) in Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger. Honorable mention for the huge Muppet-like costumes.
Muppets aren't costumes, dude. You can find the whole article here.

--
Original update published on March 31, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
"""
Muppets aren't costumes, dude.
"""

Thus the muppet-LIKE, dude...

Yeah, PC Gamer called the Kilrathi "angry muppets" when they did a WCP Article. Wing Commander Prophecy was on the cover of the magazine though. :)

The Kilrathi were not designed by Jim Henson (or Disney), so I fail to see how they're Muppets. But, then again, this is the Internet...

You people sure know how to run a perfectly uninteresting joke straight into the ground and then beat it with hammers for several days.

To be clear on my thought process, which was surely laborious: muppet-*like* suggests to me that something possesses the qualities of a muppet. Since the Kilrathi were men in costumes with animatronic heads rather than puppets (stringed, full bodied or otherwise) then it seems like a perfectly reasonable silly comment.

Back