Well...

Thanks Penguin. I know that part of writing essays. The "terrifying" I used was in the sense that I really don't like writing them. And now that I've already graduated, I won't have to write them. Instead I'll have to write reports and that sort of stuff that a job includes. :)

Oh and about Manager Breeding, all I'm going to say is: DILBERT!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. ;)

[Edited by klaus on 11-28-2000 at 15:16]

Wedge009: Yeah economics is really fuzzy grey... I remember going over all those theories but that's all they were. Theories. They look good on paper but in practice they never quite turn out like the economists think they will.

Quarto: For me management wasn't too bad. Only 2 lectures & a tutorial a week. Admittedly I didn't find it too interesting but it could've been a lot worse. As for what I'm studying I did study English, Classical Studies & History at high school. It was only the English teachers who got all bent out of shape if you didn't put in any quotes, but even then, they settled for a few.
As for assignments, I sympathize - Mondays are the worst. They absolutely ensure your weekend ends on a sour note. I personally prefer Thursdays or Fridays.

klaus: There's not really all that much difference between essays and reports.

[Edited by Penguin on 11-28-2000 at 16:15]

Management can definitely get worse, Penguin. For example, if your lecturer has no mind as such.

Here, I don't really need that much in the way of quotes - what I need is references. Tons and tons of references. And a bibliography. A long bibliography. But, I'm slowly getting used to it.

hehe Management. I'm glad that I never had to take a management course. However, I did take a course in oral report presentation.

I thought I'd get around not having to do any essays or reports by becoming an engineer. I was wrong. For some reason, CompEngers here at UNSW have to do "Accounting for Engineers". Biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Worst part was that a 1500 word report was due at the end of the semester. Never wrote so much BS in my life.

So up with maths and sciences!

in regard to the very first post nip to HCLs site try wcmods for the link as he made a program that does it
:)

steampunk: I know what you're talking about - one of the reasons I want to do Political Studies at Uni is to get away from maths of any kind. Turns out I have to take a 'Statistics for Social Sciences' course or something. However I think I can substitute a previous statistics course I passed for it - heh heh :)

Anyways when you guys enrolled did you use an online system or did you just fill out an enrollment sheet/package?

SUNY stands for State University of New York. One can use the SUNY application once to apply to as many as four state colleges.

I used a bit of both. The enrollment process for this uni starts by sending an e-mail (or, I suppose, one could send snail-mail). You tell them your postal, they send you the usual beaurocratic forms and crap, you fill 'em out, send them back, and wait a few centuries while they pretend they're actually looking at them.

Mmmmm, the system here looks like to be completely different. Here you go to the Uni and pick up a form (but I think you can do it by mail) , fill it, pay it in a bank. And take it back. Then they do a BIG test with all of the candidates and the ones with the highest scores are accepted in. Then you have to go to the Uni again and get more paperwork to finalize your enrollment.

Hmmm. The Uni I go to used to do it that way too but this year they've changed it to an online process only. Apparently this brings them into line with other tertiary institutions around the world. Now I just pick whatever course & then wait a month for the invoice.

Back