well seems no one wants to answer.. dunno why..

LOAF: Uh... was that sarcasm, or just a misunderstanding?
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarcars? Uh... are you okay? Are you suffering from sort of... mental disorder?

------------------

Pttth, I don't know which I find more disturbing, your lack of agwc knowledge or the fact that your reply appeared before I could reload to see my own post.

Oh, heaven forfend I don't know anything about a newsgroup!
rolleyes.gif

------------------

Twister said:
While we're on M&Ms, has anybody heard the new Eminem, marshall mathers LP? Just curious.
tongue.gif
Twister: Yeah, I kept hearing them. My daughter has the TV on MTV - always!
When MTV plays 'em, my son would, also, rush in to watch <sigh>
Well, it's a relief from Britney Spears!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

Hmmm... everyone should have newsgroup experience as well as IRC (and Gopher... everyone should use Gopher. Its superior to so many other methods).

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

And now for something completely different:

Personally, I think MTV has really degraded from where it was years ago, back when I used to watch it. MTV has gotten more concerned with pleasing the 13-year-old boys and girls screaming at Carson Daly from outside the TRL studio with their videos from Eminem, Limp Bizkit, and whoever the latest pop-harlet is than pleasing the more mature fans who actually care about hearing meaningful music that doesn't totally suck. Keep in mind that TRL plays the top 10 most popular videos, not the 10 best.

Years ago, MTV used to have great programming.. Alternative Nation, 120 Minutes, Unplugged, (God I wish they'd show Unplugged again) Remember that cool clip they used to show with the astronaut planting the MTV flag on the moon? Back then, MTV used to be enjoyable. Then came The Real World/Road Rules/TRL/Undressed/Sisqo's Shakedown (AKA The Grind, AKA Global Groove, MTV just keeps making the same show with a new name every year) Don't you just love it when you're looking through the TV Guide on a weekend only to see that MTV is playing a 40-hour Real World/Road Rules/whatever marathon? MTV has really gone to hell, am I the only one watching a lot more VH-1 than they used to?

------------------
Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind
Like a leper messiah
When the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band.

[This message has been edited by Ziggy2 Stardust (edited July 25, 2000).]

Ziggy2 Stardust said:
And now for something completely different:

Personally, I think MTV has really degraded from where it was years ago, back when I used to watch it. MTV has gotten more concerned with pleasing the 13-year-old boys and girls screaming at Carson Daly from outside the TRL studio with their videos from Eminem, Limp Bizkit, and whoever the latest pop-harlet is than pleasing the more mature fans who actually care about hearing meaningful music that doesn't totally suck. Keep in mind that TRL plays the top 10 most popular videos, not the 10 best.

Years ago, MTV used to have great programming.. Alternative Nation, 120 Minutes, Unplugged, (God I wish they'd show Unplugged again) Remember that cool clip they used to show with the astronaut planting the MTV flag on the moon? Back then, MTV used to be enjoyable. Then came The Real World/Road Rules/TRL/Undressed/Sisqo's Shakedown (AKA The Grind, AKA Global Groove, MTV just keeps making the same show with a new name every year) Don't you just love it when you're looking through the TV Guide on a weekend only to see that MTV is playing a 40-hour Real World/Road Rules/whatever marathon? MTV has really gone to hell, am I the only one watching a lot more VH-1 than they used to?

Well your quality of posts have improved. Not really a WC topic, but one I have to agree with you on. I actually watched MTV in the days when it was commercial free (I'm starting to show my age
smile.gif
) My wife liked Real World, but that was when these reality shows were still kind of fresh. I hated it, but I still want an MTV that shows nothing but videos and does it commercial free, so I'm hard to please. VH1 is okay, but I'm finding it is playing fewer and fewer videos and spending more time with Behind the Music. Which almost always follows the same pattern.
I. We were poor, but determined.
II. We got a break.
III. Suddenly everyone was singing our song, we were accosted by screaming girls throwing their panties at us.
IV. Now we're broke and no one loves us. Or, how our posse spent our money and left.

In the words of Dire Straits, I want my MTV. That is, one that plays videos.

LOAF: No, I can't. I lost that part of my brain; it's a real problem (nice that I can laugh at myself
wink.gif
).

Is this Ziggy2 the same person? Anyway, to me MTV has always sucked. Barely any of it is even about music these days. And if bad, violent claymation is about music, I'd like you to tell me how. At least VH-1, even if it doesn't show a whole lot of videos, is more about music than MTV is.

------------------

Same here with MTV Europe.
frown.gif
I still remember the day when the downfall started: the day Ray Cokes did his last show. Man, I miss that guy. I laughed so hard every time he was on I couldn't breathe. Luckely there are still a few good shows on: Daria, Downtown, alternative nation is still around here (albeit from midnight to 2 on a weekday). And superock has become a rockprogram for wimps. Not to mention the cencoring of the songs
mad.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

MTV caters to whosoever requests for the music vids. I just caught my daughter calling up the station. <Whaat the...> It's a conspiracy!
Hey guys, if you want your favs back, call up MTV... again and again
biggrin.gif

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

Yeah but then you have to try to sound like a 13 year old girl. Would be a riot to get a group together calling in requests for something like Lionel Richie, Tiffeny, New Kids on the Block< Vanilla Ice or some other dated (and in my opinion) crappy music.

No Regret: "Daria" is one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

------------------

Dralthi5: That's your opinion. I think it's one of the best. I was quite surprised when I first saw it that Daria is almost the female (and animated) version of me (in character, that is).

------------------
The time is near.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Well, of course it's my opinion; that's why I said it
smile.gif
. I just don't think it's funny, or interesting.

------------------

You also think Monty Python isn't funny or interesting
smile.gif
. What do you think is funny and interesting? And if you say Pokémon or Peewee Herman I will personally fly over to America and cut yer gizzard out
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Pokemon? Yuk. My personal opinion of that is that I wish Japan would stop using my country (and others) as a dumping ground for their garbage (has anyone seen trailers for that silly-ass Godzilla 2000 movie?). But, still, I'd gladly take their PlayStation 2
tongue.gif

Anyway... Well, what do I think is funny? My favorite comedies on TV are the Simpsons, Seinfeld, and M*A*S*H. My favorite comedy movies are the Wayne's World flicks. I think those are funny.
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited July 27, 2000).]

Hey, if you don't want them to dump their rubbish in your country, then why don't you guys stop dumping your rubbish in the rest of the world?
biggrin.gif

Back