Weird Problem With Prophecy

Shoal

Spaceman
Hi all. Just like many of you, I've had problems with video skipping every 10 seconds or so in Prophecy.

The suggestion given was to run dxdiag.exe and cut sound acceleration. However, when I did this, the problem magnified by a factor of about x10...

The video skipped literally every second, and I couldn't make out any words at all. When I put sound acceleration back up to full, it went back to skipping every 10 seconds or so.

What gives? BTW, I'm running WinME. However, I'm going to be playing this game mostly on an XP machine, so a possible solution should be aimed at that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Shoal

None of the sound acceleration settings helped. :confused:

Any other ideas? I also messed around with my video acceleration settings, but that didn't do anything either.

Yeah, I was asking more out of curiosity than anything else. Well, since you're going to be playing it on XP, I'd just wait and see how it does on that. In the meantime, you can practice in the simulator.

I haven't had a chance to try any fixes on my XP machine yet -- I'll have that opportunity on Monday. However, I haven't had much luck with those modes in the past.

Here's to hoping they do something for once! :)

Ok, a solution to the video problems in XP. First set the sound card acceleration to off, then set the compatability mode to Win95 and presto you have stable video!! Works for my system: SB Live 5.1, XP Pro, 2100+.

Enjoy!
Ron

Finally had a chance to test Prophecy on my XP Pro machine. I used dxdiag.exe and cut sound acceleration to none, and turned on Win98 and ME compatibility.

The video runs smooth for the first few minutes, but after that things get a little skippy. Not unwatchable, mind you, the skips only last a tiny fraction of the time they did before, and don't tend to cut out test or movement, but it's really irritating nonetheless.

Windows 95 compatibility ran it worse, so I used Win98 and ME.

Any ideas?

:( Well,if "No acceleration" didnt solve the problem,there is nothing to do.....at least no one knows what....

I got exactly the same problem with Prophecy.What I want to do next is to just put an older version of the DirectX to my Win98 partition.

Back