Website

doro44

Spaceman
Hi guyz, today is a day with BIG D, because I found this holly page.I have been looking for privateer remake for ages.I played freelancer, but it is only freelancer not the PRIVATEER.
Who is making the page for You?
This GREAT project needs a Great site.
I am offering my services.I can make the page for You...
It would be an honnor for me!

Ondrej aka DORO44

Our website

You can see our website at http://priv.solsector.net/
if you feel like it needs improvement and think you can make it better while keeping it simple (perhaps a better color scheme and maybe more screenshots) feel free...
have you actually tried the download yet? :) it's not so very large and it's pretty ;-)

hi

OOO , dont worry , I already tried and tested it, this kicks ass!I was amazed!I am so happy that somebody did this!U cant imagine what were my feelings like when I found this site.
And I try to remake your website, I try to create a new design, simple and cool.
I give my best!

Glad you like it :) Reactions like yours help make this feel worthwhile (well, that and being able to play it ourselves :p ) I'll look forward to what you come up with!

Yep...never underestimate the "playing ourselves" aspect of the warm fuzzy feeling we get making this bloody thing ;-)

screen shots

Ok, I will download them and I ll start to develop the website today...
then I will send u the url address and u will see if u like it or not.And if yes, it would be great, if I could be a member of this GREAT project...

Sure :) We can also add you to the credits for Website Development...even if we choose to only add some of the components

What sort of name would you like to have on the credits?

I've created the current website and would appreciate it when you and others contact me if changes are necessary and not alter the project without my notice.

but of course...
:) I like the current website...
but if anything doro's website can become a fan website... I don't want to stifle people's creativity

speaking of which can you fix the credits page? it's completely broken on IE6...

adding those new screenshots would also rock

It wouldn't be broken if you would have requested the changes with a little message droped in my mailbox. I don't like the way of ignoring my responsibilities and blemish the site, yes MamiyaOtaru that's also on your address, who placed the same huge counter on nearly every site but for what? A counter only goes for one site. Wahh i'm going crazy :) No offense, you know what i mean. Simply ask me first. The Download page also is a disaster, 4 Downloads in one line? If you can't do it better why don't you simply ask me? I'm the webmaster and not the repair druid for a foozled site. Respect my responsibilities and work because i also respect your's.
Such a small website is not a huge cooking pot where several people can drop their stuff in and all hope that the best will come out somehow. I will discuss suggestions with doro44 and appreciate any help he or she can give.

the counter is useful so we know who has linked to us... it's important for various reasons... and helps us get some feedback from people who think we're *not* reading it... in the home forums we generally just get praise and good news...but from people in different newsgroups they sometimes provide insights on what needs real fixing.

As for multiple counters...we need one on the downloads page (some people link to that) on the index page (some people link to that) and on the forum frame (some people link to that)

as for the 4 downloads in 1 line--that was just the template I copied :) but sure fix it if you wish...

Open source is all *about* big cooking pots...sometimes it gets a bit junky...but in the end it works out--cus then people are if anything* more* motivated to fix it up...

Oh i can hardly imagine why you like to have a counter on nearly any page, but if i remember correctly placing the same counter on different pages violates the conditions of the xtreme crew, soooo if you're going to violate them i would suggest to make the counter image a little bit smaller and put it somewhere else :) (to improve the overall look)

"as for the 4 downloads in 1 line--that was just the template I copied :) but sure fix it if you wish..."
Oh well, tell that a "die-hard" webdesign nerd and he will throw you out if the window.

"Open source is all *about* big cooking pots...sometimes it gets a bit junky...but in the end it works out"
cus then people are if anything* more* motivated to fix it up..."
How long is that navpad already in Vegastrike? ;)
I'm motivated even if no three other people are doing my work, work that can easily and perfectly be done by one person. There's a saying here in germany, too many cooks spoil the broth. I think the scewed up downloads and credits page would agree on that.

"adding those new screenshots would also rock"
A few are acceptable.

John Cordell said:
"adding those new screenshots would also rock"
A few are acceptable.
I suggest you get off your high horse and act like a normal person.

It's taking me time to take those shots, then crop them and convert them. If you don't like them there are other ways to say so without being pompous and rude.

oooh JKeefe...your hard work has made the front page...you see people care!

tHe sad thing right now is that I'm not a vegastrike gallery Admin...so I can't add you right now

mkruer is...try pinging him...I'll do the same

"It's taking me time to take those shots, then crop them and convert them. If you don't like them there are other ways to say so without being pompous and rude."
Sorry, I really appreciate your work. Unfortunately some shots weren't "acceptable" for this page because the "HUD" looked buggy or they didn't fit in the usual "three picture ministory" context for THIS screenshot section. However the screenshots page was updated with three of your shots, thanks.

the initial import of 3 screenshots was added by John here... looks great... it's just a feel of more to come... the only question is if people will notice the new screenshots...what do folks here think? any ideas?

John Cordell said:
I'm ... not the repair druid
Sorry, but this just made me think of the Retros and/or assorted toaster-worshipping cultists. "I will heal this technology with my prayers and druidic connection with nature!"

Completely off topic. My apologies. Just pretend I said something really witty.

Back