Website update - March 6, 2009

PopsiclePete

Mission programmer
We updated the Standoff website, as promised ! Here's the update about our progress:
Yes, we do have some progress this week :-P.

Quarto has been working away on his mission, and reports that it's close to finished. Still a bit of work left, but it's getting there. And he's given me some screenshots to prove it! We've added three new screenshots, showing quite a lot of civilian ships getting ready to be slaughtered by the Kilrathi :). Once this mission is done, we'll only have one mission left on the winning path (and two more on the losing path, besides the ones Pierre is currently working on). Of course, there's still a fair amount of balancing needed, but there's steady progress being made on that front, too.

Unfortunately, still no new progress to report in the voiceovers and music departments this week - maybe next week? Definitely gotta bug Tempest and Michael about that...

And a few new screenshots have been added, too !

Very soon I'll be back to testing and there should be more progress to report in the coming weeks. Any day now my new testing platform should be arriving.

Very soon I'll be back to testing and there should be more progress to report in the coming weeks. Any day now my new testing platform should be arriving.
...And in the meantime, you can enter those new bug reports from the forum into Bugzilla :p.

That last screenshot looks pretty grim; about 25 enemies dotting the screen and only 2 friendlies; and one of them might be the Tarsus that's about to explode.

That last screenshot looks pretty grim; about 25 enemies dotting the screen and only 2 friendlies; and one of them might be the Tarsus that's about to explode.

Lets just hope the do more in this part of the game then the floating targets they were in Episode 1... I dont think one of those ever even shot at me!

Back