WCP Question

-=\/\/olf=-

Spaceman
I was replaying WCP yesterday and I came up to the mission were you half to do a proximity search of a nav point to find a alien item. This is the only mission I keep failing, does anyone know how to complete this mission?

If you mean the alien buoy, you must let that stilleto engage the aliens and you inspect all the pointing-rocks with your ITTS disabled.

That's all you got to do? Oh man I didn't think about the ITTS :eek: thanks Ghost.

[Edited by -=\/\/olf=- on 07-14-2001 at 13:39]

you don't need to disable your ITTS (i know this cuz i beat all the missions in wcp and never knew that you could turn off itts)

Destroy all but one fighter in the final part of the mission, and let Stilleto handle it.

Meanwhile, you should fly around and shoot at the pointy emitters. If you destroy one, than move over to the next one and destroy it as well. Keep doing this untill you find the one you can't destroy.

You can't turn off ITTS. You can turn off smart targeting. This will allow you to select friendly or neutral targets while hostiles are present.

Originally posted by Ghost
If you mean the alien buoy, you must let that stilleto engage the aliens and you inspect all the pointing-rocks with your ITTS disabled.
You will need to take out a few of the aliens first. Leave like three for Stilleto after you retrieve the item then help Stilleto.

Make sure you nail the mantas. If one sneaks up on you while you're buoy hunting it could do some real damage.

This mission is the most annoying in WCP IMHO. Not because its hard but because if you fail, when you get back to the Midway Stiletto informs you that she found the buoy, but the mission is still considered failed. Isn't the objective to find the buoy? Why the hell does it matter who found it? :mad: What the hell happened to teamwork? Isn't that what WING commander's about? :confused:

No, Wing Commander is about being victorious in an ongoing conflict. Which usually involves shooting aliens.

In this case, the mission objective is achieved (even if it's done in a REALLY annoying way that makes you want to kill Stiletto) but it's still classed as a failure. This isn't just the most annoying mission in Prophecy, it's the most annoying mission in all the WC games I've played.

Originally posted by Dak
No, Wing Commander is about being victorious in an ongoing conflict.
If that were true, then we wouldn't have been losing all throughout WC3 up until the very end.

I thought the Kilrathi were doing a pretty good job at beating us throughout the first 3 games.

WC is about being a pilot and doing your best at stoping a:

A.) Alien Force (4 times, not counting Armada, Academy, etc)
B.) Secret Interior Nazi Defense Force (1 time)

It also involves oogling Velina Sosa in WC4 and thinking about her during all other WC games, though I don't mind Rachel either. I never saw what some of you people saw in Stiletto though.

As for that "Find the Probe" mission. I not only take the majority of the kills, I also grab the satilite. How? After killing all the fighters, I check every other asteroid while on afterburn. Generally speaking, you cover a greater amount of ground in looking for it like that.

[Edited by LeHah on 07-15-2001 at 14:15]

Originally posted by Supdon3
I dont remember shooting any aliens in WC4:)

You could always take out those cats you're supposed to be helping out, it might be a stupid thing to do, but you could do it.

... I fail to understand how the question of who's shooting the aliens makes any difference.

Back