WCP mission start problem

Goku57

Spaceman
When I am about the start the 5th mission in the Hrissith System (Plasma Gun Defense), all of a sudden it says "Your carrier was lost" and the bad ending FMV plays. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

I am using the high res patch, the video skip fix patch, and the unlimited ammo patch from this site.

I believe this is a known glitch, you need to load your game and then play simulator mission number 5 I think then try to start the campaign mission again.

Actually, you use either sim 6 or sim 7 to clear the bug. You don't need to fly the whole sim session, either, just a few seconds of it.

If, for some reason, that doesn't work (don't recall any mention in the CZ or on AGWC of an actual case of it not working), close WCP completely, then delete your autosave.wsg file in the main WCP directory. The next time you run the game, use the mission terminal in the locker room to pick up where you left off.

(The sim thing also fixes carrier component damage, so if you want to cover for an "oopsie", S6/7 is the place to go.)

And, BTW, before posting about tech issues you may want to use the Search function, as most issues (including this one) have been covered more than a few times in the past. Skimming the Tech Support forum is also a good idea before posting a new thread.

Back