WCP Fatal Error: Exceeded max number of entries (44)

ruassmarkt

Spaceman
Hey, I recently bought the GOG-Edition of Wing Commander: Prophecy and sometimes I get this error mid-play. Now I've read that there is a way to increase the max number, but I don't know how. Can anybody help me please?

I guess this is happening because you have modified the FoF missile with a low refire delay and launched 44+? Or perhaps modified the tracker mirv to split into more than four? Something like this?

Each ship has a FastList which seems to keep track of how many ships and missiles are targeting it. I doubt you have read that it can be modified because it is hard coded to 44 in the exe.

That being said I have found it and have added it to my WCP Unlimited dll with an increased limit. It can't be given a too big a limit because it causes visible performance issues but for normal game play it should never be hit.

I guess this is happening because you have modified the FoF missile with a low refire delay and launched 44+? Or perhaps modified the tracker mirv to split into more than four? Something like this?

Each ship has a FastList which seems to keep track of how many ships and missiles are targeting it. I doubt you have read that it can be modified because it is hard coded to 44 in the exe.

That being said I have found it and have added it to my WCP Unlimited dll with an increased limit. It can't be given a too big a limit because it causes visible performance issues but for normal game play it should never be hit.
yes, I have modified the trackers to move faster and split differently, your unlimited DLL could be the solution. How can I get it?

It's in early development at the moment and is primarily aimed at developers however it will work on normal Prophecy and Secret Ops. Keep an eye out in the Fan Projects section.

Last edited:
Back