WCIV DVD, how rare?

BibbDoo

Rear Admiral
Hello all,

I have come upon an oppertunity to purchase the DVD version of WCIV. I really want to do this, however im running a bit short on cash. I am curious, if i pass this up, how likely is it that I will be able to find it again at a reasonable price. For that matter, what should I consider to be a reasonable price on this item.

Unfortunately, the guy selling it cannot wait for me to get some money, so its now or later...hopefully not never?

Thanks,
BibbDoo

$30 is what I would consider a reasonable price, mind last time I went on ebay to check prices were around there, i dunno what they are now.,

But before you buy it, check to see if it is the double sided DVD or the single, if it is the single save your money, if it is the double buy it (double has enhansed quality movies, single is just the 6cds on a dvd)

Believe me, the double-sided WCIV is worth the extra few bucks.
I actually bought my first DVD drive for the sole purpose of getting my hands on that disc!

thanks a bunch for the info.

Turns out its the double sided version so im gonna go ahead and get it. Glad I didnt pass this one up!

But be careful.I have a double sided version which I got with Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore DXR2 card (actually, I got that card just to get to play WC4 on a DVD :) ).The game,the movies and everything else is GREAT, but it has a downside.It won't play on a PC that doesn't have a DXR2 card. On my friends computer who has DVD drive and a GeForce card it would't work.It constantly asks for some dll files. It actually NEEDS that card to work, so perhaps it is some sort of locked version, I don't know.So be careful and see if it works on your computer.

yeah, ive heard about that. luckily ive already got that card so it shouldnt be a problem.

thanks

Originally posted by Skybolt
But be careful.I have a double sided version which I got with Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore DXR2 card (actually, I got that card just to get to play WC4 on a

Question: can you buy this CARD (without the DVD drive that undoubtedly came with it), and successfully run any given DVD drive off it, to play the WC4 DVD, or do you need BOTH the card AND its specific DVD drive as well?...:confused:

Originally posted by Preacher

Question: can you buy this CARD (without the DVD drive that undoubtedly came with it), and successfully run any given DVD drive off it, to play the WC4 DVD, or do you need BOTH the card AND its specific DVD drive as well?...:confused:

No, you don't need it, in fact, the original DVD-ROM drive was a serious piece of crap, don't even waste your time with it. I find Pioneer drives are nice and reliable.

Originally posted by Jetlag

No, you don't need it, in fact, the original DVD-ROM drive was a serious piece of crap, don't even waste your time with it. I find Pioneer drives are nice and reliable.

..Spooky: I went to the local PC show today(they have 'em once a month here in the 'Cuse), and saw a DXR2 card selling for $29, and a DVD drive (I think it was a Pioneer) for $33. Only, I didn't buy 'em, cuz I wasn't sure if It was the DXR2 or 3 I shoulda been looking for. Maybe next month...

Back