WC4 XP install problem

Stile4aly

Spaceman
I'm having an issue trying to install WC4 CD onto a Win XP machine. When I run any of the setup utilities from the CD, I am taken to the page where it asks what directory you want to install to. I can hit enter to approve the directory, but on the next screen where it talks about running the video test, I am unable to proceed. My mouse doesn't move at all. I have an optical mouse, but it's plugged into the ps2 port, not usb. Also, I've tried running the install through DOS Box and my mouse does work, but it will not install files to the HD from DOS Box.

I've been looking around for an answer to this issue and haven't found anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks

The DOSBox install should do it. If you mount the hard drive correctly, there's no reason why it shouldn't just go. What are you doing to mount it now?

I have mount c: c:\ and mount e: e:\ for the cd rom. What happens is when I get to the section of the install that asks to install files to the hard drive, it kicks me out of the install. I get a message in DOS Box itself that "open failed on file: Objects.tre". Also, the DOS Box status window tells me: "Warning: File creation failed: e:\wc4.cfg" and "Warning: File creation failed e:\objects.tre"

Any thoughts?

Might be as simple as missing the "-t cdrom" when mounting the CD-Drive?

There is an alternative to DOSBox. You could use VDMSound to run the install.exe for the game and then later the game itself. It's up to you but VDMSound seems more user friendly.

Back