WC4 Music and CDs

GAdRS

Spaceman
Just in case you've forgotten since my last few posts, I'm still trying to make that Wing Commander Soundtrack. I got everything finalized - track lists, CD booklets, the CD back, the case, and burned a CD. Unfortunately, all of the WC4 music that is on this site is 22khz and I need 44.1khz to put it on a CD. So, needless to say, I threw away that CD. I started to get back to work on using Goldwave to change all the music over to 44.1khz. Unfortunately, something happened. I have no idea what it was, but something happened and now it sounds horrid. I had 2 songs done by the time I noticed what was going on. So, in the interests of saving time, I'd appreciate it if somebody could e-mail me (mailto:GAdmiralRS)the WC4 Battle 1 and WC4 Battle 2 MP3s. Those are the two that I screwed up (never again will I fail to backup). The second thing that I need is a tip on how to convert this music to 44.1khz so that I can put it on a CD. Anyone here familiar with Goldwave? All I was doing is just using the resample option to make it 44.1, then saving it back as an MP3.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

I've converted to 44khz when using WAV files, so I guess that I'll just convert all the music to WAV format and then delete it all when I'm done. As for getting the 2 Battle mp3s back, I don't see them on that site that you gave me, so I'll just redownload them from here. It'll just take me a while.

Anyways....whee! Wedge, I see that not only are you a Wing Commander fan, you're also a Star Wars fan! Very cool...the world needs more of us :) There's stuff that Star Wars could learn from Wing Commander, and stuff that Wing Commander could learn from Star Wars. Star Wars needs to learn how to have a really good deep plot, and Wing Commander needs to learn how to have lots of good books.

heheh... with my Creative SBPCI128, a Wave Studio software suite was included... I could easily change a 22khz wave into a 44khz wave, as well as an 8khz into 44khz. I can also adjust overall .wav volume and stuff... it's pretty cool and easy to use. I would have figured it's that easy in any sound editing software...

Back