FekLeyrTarg

Rear Admiral
Hello people,

as we all know, the missiles in Wing Commander IV are unnecessarily overpowered compared to the other WC games, leading to lots of frustrating moments during gameplay.
Has there ever been any attempt to nerf the missiles back to their WC3 stats?

I don't think so, no. It certainly is an interesting idea, though. Usually changes like that tend to be damaging to the gameplay, because you're removing difficulty without compensating with something else (e.g. adding more ships). However, in this case, I think it actually could well wind up creating a more fun game overall. I mean, really, those sudden missile deaths do suck.

That said, funnily enough I've recently been thinking about the opposite scenario: what if someone wanted to make a WC4-era and WC4-style mod for WCP? How would WCP feel with the player vulnerable to sudden-missile-death?

I don't think so, no. It certainly is an interesting idea, though. Usually changes like that tend to be damaging to the gameplay, because you're removing difficulty without compensating with something else (e.g. adding more ships). However, in this case, I think it actually could well wind up creating a more fun game overall. I mean, really, those sudden missile deaths do suck.

That's exactly my thought. This would fix WC4 balance problems.

That said, funnily enough I've recently been thinking about the opposite scenario: what if someone wanted to make a WC4-era and WC4-style mod for WCP? How would WCP feel with the player vulnerable to sudden-missile-death?

That sounds cruel and funny at the same time. :D

Back