WC4 Install

Deadwake

Spaceman
Hey all, I just got WC4 CD DOS edition and I cant get it to install, if i copy the CD over to my HD and run it from there i can start the game, but it crashes when i get to space flight, if i try to install the game to a directory thru the installer in dosbox it says it cant and to make a boot disk, which i did and it didnt help at all.

I'm running Windows vista home edition 32 bit

I typed this in a hurry so if you need any other info just ask.

Hey, did you follow the steps from our Tech Support section? https://www.wcnews.com/techsupport.shtml There's no need to make any boot disks for DOSBox.

If following the guide still produces an error, we'll need to know exactly what you're mounting, typing and when the error message appears and what it says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I did get a bit further useing that mount command (Previously i just did mount d d:/) howver now it says i dont have the disk space, but i have 20 gigs free :<

I'm an idiot, and dont follow instructions :p I fixed it after following the install instructions from you to the letter :>

Glad to hear it works, mounting is where a lot of people get caught up at first.

I am running my wc3 with VDMSound and everything works except my joystick. In dosbox my stick works fine with choppy music and sound. My joystck is a logitech Attack 3 using USB. Is there a fix for this yet or a work around?

I am running both wc3 and wc4 with VDMSound and everything works fine except my joystick. In dosbox my joystick works fine but the sound and music is very choppy. My joystick is a Logitech Attack 3 connected thru usb port. Is there a fix or a work around for this bug?

I have a Attack 3 also (I don't know about you, but I've never been happy with it). If you're having dead zone or drifting issues in Wc3 under VDMSound, try the alternate joystick routing patch- it clears them right up, at least in XP. If the issue is something else, like no joystick at all- then this probably won't do anything for you http://download.wcnews.com/files/wing3/wc3joy.exe

Edit- if neither game works, I guess that's not it. Does the joystick not respond, or is it a lag issue? While I've never run VDMSound on Vista, there may be a compatibility issue. It was discontinued circa 2002, and Vista changes the rules regarding how software interacts with hardware to an extent. It just may not work, I dunno. Oh, and I need to post more. Always been a good lurker...

If you haven't done so already, you also have to enable joystick control. While in flight, hit ALT+O and select joystick, then save.

Back