WC4 endings

Knathrak

Spaceman
Just out of curiosity how many different winning scenarios were there. I just completed WC4 after diggin up after many years and blair ends up teachin cadets on the Intrepid. What other ones were there as i also remember hunting down the black lance as another one.

the only ones i know are the one you mentioned, and blair becomming an admiral and hawk a captain and blair ordering a carrier and black lance fighters to put down an insurection. you get the latter if you choose to take hawk's advice both times. i don't remember any hunting down the black lance ending.

There are two primary winning and two primary losing endgames. The winning endgame is determined on Hawk and Panther's morale more than what you pick in those three central decisions.. though those are major factors.

Wow, I didn't know that there was more than just the Win as Blair, teach cadets/Tolwyn kills the universe endings. That's cool because it gives me yet another reason to go back and play WC4. So wait, what happens with Blair becoming an Admiral?

Originally posted by ChrisReid
There are two primary winning and two primary losing endgames. The winning endgame is determined on Hawk and Panther's morale more than what you pick in those three central decisions.. though those are major factors.

2 losing/Winning endgames? I personally have only seen the flight instructor one, but I've heard everyone talk about the Admiral Blair one. What are the other 2?

C-ya

WC 4 Endings

I got the Blair as an Admiral ending which I was satisfied with.
I lernt form the AF in RL that being a flight instructor is not that good of a career move.

I know one of the loosing endings with where Tolwyn does attack the UBW but what is the other one?

Please don't say that Seether wins:)

MNelson

Re: WC 4 Endings

Originally posted by RAMROD
I know one of the loosing endings with where Tolwyn does attack the UBW but what is the other one?

Please don't say that Seether wins:)

It's not really that Tolwyn attacks the UBW.. that happens in most cases where you lose. The two actual endgames are one where Blair is executed and one where Blair ends up a drunkard in the bar back on Nephele.

In that case I've seen all the End Cut-Scenes.

The Blair getting executed one, mostly happens if you eject in the latter Missions, it also happens if you wait too long to confront Tolwyn.

I personally prefer the Blair as Flight Instructer ending, since the "Evil" Blair freaks me out

Man, havent played any WC game in a couple years, seems the name may still be going strong. Anyhow from my knowledge there are 2 major winning & losing endings for WC4. I think these are correct.

To trigger the Instructor ending you must NOT attack the Confed Superbase and bypass it on the journey to Earth.

To trigger the Admiral ending, you must do the opposite and attack the superbase.

To trigger the bar ending, you need to screw up when working for confed early in the game, i think during the biochemist missions.

The other ending is to simply screw up after you defect to the UBW and to be hung simply lose assembly plea at the end. (i think)

Yeah to get the Admiral ending you had to use the Flash-Pack of the Ella Superbase, and to get the Instructer ending you had to use the Flash-Pack on the TCS Vesuvius.

I thought if you lost the assembly plea you suffered death by firing squad, I think I remember the squad asking Blair if he wants a blindfold, to which he replies "no"

btw, I ve got my copy of WC IV back from Notts, if I download the patch it will work properly in windows, correct?

Originally posted by TopGun
Yeah to get the Admiral ending you had to use the Flash-Pack of the Ella Superbase, and to get the Instructer ending you had to use the Flash-Pack on the TCS Vesuvius.

You must also agree more with Panther than Hawk to get the instructor ending, like helping the civilians in Circe,etc.
You can nuke Ella and still get the instructor ending.

Originally posted by Ghost
You must also agree more with Panther than Hawk to get the instructor ending, like helping the civilians in Circe,etc.
You can nuke Ella and still get the instructor ending.

Right! I can't say this enough.. people always confuse it. It's not exactly agreeing with them.. it's for higher morale. There are nine plot points throughout the game that affect their morale. Whomever has the higher morale brings the winning endgame. The three big decisions, one of which is flashpaking Ella, are big because they both increase one person's morale while lowering the other. The six other choices just affect one person's morale. But because of those.. you could side with Hawk on two of the big three and still get the positive ending if you play your cards right.. and vice versa.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Right! I can't say this enough.. people always confuse it. It's not exactly agreeing with them.. it's for higher morale. There are nine plot points throughout the game that affect their morale. Whomever has the higher morale brings the winning endgame. The three big decisions, one of which is flashpaking Ella, are big because they both increase one person's morale while lowering the other. The six other choices just affect one person's morale. But because of those.. you could side with Hawk on two of the big three and still get the positive ending if you play your cards right.. and vice versa.
Damn...

Guess I'm gonna hafta throw the DVD into the drive and see these different endings once and for ALL...

Anyone know which ending = which filename?...:D

There is one more ending!!

From the early begining , if you are an awfull pilot, Tolwyn retires you :)

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
There is one more ending!!

From the early begining , if you are an awfull pilot, Tolwyn retires you :)

That's the "blair in the bar on nephele" one.. It's really simple.. Why is there so much confusion and disinformation on this one question? :(

I saw it by accident. If you have seen the Teaser Wc4 trailer from the original Demo, it has some scenes.

Blair just drinks ,he is not drunk in the scene.

Back