WC4 DVD GoG AC3

Silverhawk

Rear Admiral
do we still need to use AC3 Filter for the DVD audio because as always i like to try and run minimalist setup with CCCP and MPC HC and never really liked the idea of installing to much and have no idea how ac3 would break cccp or funtion on a windows 10 laptop any thoughts?

do we still need to use AC3 Filter for the DVD audio because as always i like to try and run minimalist setup with CCCP and MPC HC and never really liked the idea of installing to much and have no idea how ac3 would break cccp or funtion on a windows 10 laptop any thoughts?
AC3filter should not break cccp. It should work just fine on a win10 setup. However if you are worried about it, try running the game without AC3filter installed. Cccp might already included a codec for AC3 playback. If you get sound, great!. If you do not get sound during the mpeg2 videos then try again after installing AC3filter.

no its just as low as ever on the other hand would i need the 32 bit version i currently have 64

I don't really understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying that you hear audio, but that it's really quiet? This is a separate problem. If you get audio in the movies but it is very different levels from the gameplay the codec is working, however you might need to go into your codec settings and adjust the output levels for AC3/mpeg2. You can also separately turn down the regular in-game audio and turn up your speakers. You might not get the volume levels 100% consistent but it should be a less jarring difference.

For example, I don't use cccp, I have K-lite installed. If I go to my start menu and find the klite folder there's a program called "codec tweak tool". Once I start that program I can choose "direct show filters" under 'configuration", then click on AC3Filter. I then can tweak the input and output levels for the AC3 audio to bring up the volum to better match the rest of the game audio. There's actually quite a few different mixing and configuration options you can play with but you really just need to tweak the general output levels, though you can tweak the gain on individual channels if you really want to.

Back