Wc4 and WinME- game and movie stop

OscarZan

Spaceman
I try wc4 on WinME and some time game and movie stop for a while.

Ialready install WC4 patch for Windows 95 but there's no change.

Which version WC4 DOS, Win95 or DVD? Exactly which patch did you use?

For DOS two option:
The movies lock up, but if I hit ESC, I can get past them!
This problem is related to your sound card configuration. Run INSTALL.BAT from the C:\WC4 directory and re-configure your sound card. The 'Autodetection' option would be best for this stage. Once complete, run the game again. If the problem persists, try running with 'NO SOUND' selected. If the problem goes away with 'NO SOUND' running, you will need to reconfigure your sound card manually. See our Sound Card Help Page for more information.

Movies are pausing (starting and stopping)!
First thing to do in efforts to solve this problem would be to make a boot disk with the game's automatic boot disk maker. If this fails in solving the problem, try different movie resolution modes. VGA, 8-bit and 16-bit SVGA are available, along with black-and-white, and interlace options. One or more of these options may solve the problem. If not, you may need more recent CD-ROM drivers.

For Win95 two options:
Gameplay or Movie Pausing
Assuming you meet the minimum requirements, DirectX may not have been successfully installed on your system. Check all the Direct X components.

Gameplay or movie pausing
Another problem that may exist is a 32-bit CD-ROM driver may not be in use. There may be a real mode driver in the CONFIG.SYS. Right click on the 'My Computer' icon and click on 'Properties'. Choose performance and make sure the message says your system is configured for optimal performance. If it does not see if you have Real mode drivers loading in your CONFIG.SYS. Contact the manufacturer for new Win95 CD-ROM drivers.

This may sound really obvious, but you say you've installed the Win95 patch, are you actually running the new file it creates?

If you're using shortcuts, you'll still be running the dos version.

Back