WC3 on the PS3 error code “no chunk for index 223!”

madmacer

Spaceman
The game loads fine but just after the first briefing I get the error code “no chunk for index 223!” while it tries to load the second briefing where Blair picks a wingman.
I tried the game in a PS2 and it worked fine.
Any idea? Can’t seem to find much info.

Is there a scratch on the disk? It's possible the PS2 is better at reading scratched disks.

How old is your PS3? Newer PS3s aren't quite as compatable with older games as the original PS3s are. I haven't heard if there are many people that have tested the games compatability with the system extensively, though considering the lack of talk I would have assumed not too many people have had issues running WC3 and 4.

I don’t think it’s the disk, the game seems to crash when it plays one of its cut scenes before or after a mission. After many attempts I got to fly the first mission but then crashed when it cut to the landing scene on the hanger.

I thought it was incompatible with HDMI as I got slightly further running the PS3 on the std cable. The PS3 itself is about 2 years old but I have updated the software.
It’s a shame it won’t work as the PS1/2 upscaler really improves the games sharpness and texture. Almost makes it looks a re-mastered vision.

I’m putting it down to some kind of Video incompatibility but not giving up hope for a fix.

I don’t think it’s the disk, the game seems to crash when it plays one of its cut scenes before or after a mission. After many attempts I got to fly the first mission but then crashed when it cut to the landing scene on the hanger.

I thought it was incompatible with HDMI as I got slightly further running the PS3 on the std cable. The PS3 itself is about 2 years old but I have updated the software.
It’s a shame it won’t work as the PS1/2 upscaler really improves the games sharpness and texture. Almost makes it looks a re-mastered vision.

I’m putting it down to some kind of Video incompatibility but not giving up hope for a fix.

Are there options to limit the amount of upscalling the system does to the game? I would see if you still get the error if you can perhaps turn off any upscaling.

Are there options to limit the amount of upscalling the system does to the game? I would see if you still get the error if you can perhaps turn off any upscaling.

Yea I spent a few hours last night trying different combos of game and video settings. It was kind of frustraighting as every time I thought I hit on something it would crash again on different cut scenes.

Back