wc3 on dosbox

U

Unregistered

i am trying to run wing commander 3 on dosbox. I put in the following settings on dosbox conf. But when i try to run dosbox to play the game, my computer automatically restarts. How can i solve this problem? Please Adivise

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullfixed=false
fullresolution=1024x768
output=overlay
hwscale=1.00
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt

[dosbox]
language=
machine=vga
captures=capture
memsize=64

[render]
frameskip=1
aspect=false
scaler=normal2x

[cpu]
core=dynamic
cycles=3000
cycleup=500
cycledown=500

[mixer]
nosound=false
rate=22050
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=10

[midi]
mpu401=true
intelligent=true
device=default
config=

[sblaster]
type=sb16
base=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
mixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplrate=22050

[gus]
gus=true
rate=22050
base=240
irq1=5
irq2=5
dma1=3
dma2=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[speaker]
pcspeaker=true
pcrate=22050
tandyrate=22050
disney=true

[dos]
xms=true
ems=false

[modem]
modem=false
comport=2
listenport=23

[directserial]
directserial=false
comport=1
realport=COM1
defaultbps=1200
parity=N
bytesize=8
stopbit=1

[ipx]
ipx=false

[autoexec]
mount D E:\ -t cdrom
mount C C:\Spiele\Dosbox\Games
D:
wc3

The computer restarting is a fairly serious problem that doesn't have anything to do with dosbox settings. No tweaks to the default DOSBox setting are necessary to run WC3. How fast is your computer? WC3 DOS emulatior requires a very fast computer, and it's possible that it's causing your system to heat up. You might have a sensor on your motherboard that reboots the computer if it detects a heat spike.

I couldnt get wc3 to run with dosbox either. although my computer didnt restart, it just wouldnt initalise the game. but i tried with vdmsound and it worked perfectly without even changing the default settings

OK i solved the restart problem by shutting off my antivirus program but now when i run dosbox to play wc3 with the same settings as i posted before, this error message comes up:

CONFIG: Loading settings from config file C:\Program files\Dosbox-0.63\dosbox.conf

Maximum memory size is 63 mb
MIDI: Opened device:win32
Exit to error: IRET:Same level:Illegal descriptor type 0

does anyone know what this means and how i can solve it?

Thanx i am gettin closer to being able to play wc3. Changing the memsize to 32 worked. Dosbox loaded the game up perfectly but i am still unable to play it because the game won't let me create a "save game directory" What do i do?

You must not be mounting stuff correctly. It's trying to write a directory to the CD or something is set to read only.

C:\wc3\"name" is where im trying to create the directory to. Under the settings that i posted above for dosbox, what is mounted incorrectly? The game cd is in drive e: And does anyone have suggestions as to what is on "read only" and how can i change it?

For some the game doesnt allow me to create a "save game directory." It's as if the hard drive is write-protected which it is not. Why is this? Please help.

oldschool1234 said:
C:\wc3\"name" is where im trying to create the directory to. Under the settings that i posted above for dosbox, what is mounted incorrectly? The game cd is in drive e: And does anyone have suggestions as to what is on "read only" and how can i change it?

What are the contents of the C:\Spiele\Dosbox\Games\WC3 directory on your computer? Don't make a subdirectory, just have it save in C:\WC3

Copying the game files worked. The game let me make a "save game directory." But now a message comes up saying that wc3 could not start up my digital sound card. It tells me to check the install settings. But the game won't load up after this message comes up so i am unable to change any settings. Another message says a processor exception has occurred and tells me my system is unstable.

You're having a whole bunch of problems here. It'd really speed the process up if you provided more information with each one. So it has a problem with your sound card. What kind of sound card do you have and what did you select for a sound card in the installation menu? In the other thread you said you knew your IRQ was 9, and I said it looks like it's 7. Did you take that into account? Is this "another message" obviously related to the sound card error or some sort of additional problem that's appearing?

Back