WC2/Standoff other stats

Iceblade

Admiral
I noticed some stats seem to consistently be missing from every source I look at. These are ship hp's (not the armor, but the craft itself), shield regeneration rates (no minor statistic), rate of change for turning (angular acceleration), afterburner acceleration, AB fuel, Gun pool, and gun recharge.

Have I missed this stats somewhere cause I have been doing a lot of forum searching (and net searching) and have yet to find these values.

That's correct, some of these stats are unavailable - we had to make them up in Standoff. The reason for this is that either they simply didn't exist, or they were identical for all ships, and thus hardcoded somewhere in the EXE rather than kept in the ship data files.

The ship's core hitpoints, as near as we can figure out, is around 5 cm for all ships. This was figured out with trial-and-error years ago, so it's possible that it's entirely inaccurate.

Shield recharge rates are available - I've got them all compiled in a text file along with all the other data from WC1/2, if you like.

Rate of change for turning, I believe, did not exist at all until WCP, the only limitation for turning was the ship's YPR rate. That's why ships in WC1/2 slid so well, because your Rapier could turn 200 degrees in two seconds, and took much longer than that for speed to catch up.

Afterburner acceleration also didn't exist - there is, however, a general acceleration rate (that said, this is essentially afterburner acceleration, because for non-AB speeds, velocity change was virtually instantaneous).

AB fuel, gun pool, and gun recharge rates have never been found, and it is presumed that all ships had the same values for these three stats. We did compile some notes at one point from experiments with a stopwatch, in order to work out these stats - but I don't have those notes any more.

Well, I don't imagine you have available in a text file the stats you inputted into wcpedit for the fighters that Standoff used do you?

No, I've never needed that - all those stats are in the ship files themselves. And it shouldn't be a challenge for you to open them up...

Okay I think I got all of the stats I needed there. I did find it odd at first how all of the values were doubled from the stats on the website, but I found a thread where Eder mentioned having AI collision issues. Yikes, well hopefully Flight Commander won't suffer from the dumb as a brick syndrome the AI in vision.

Or maybe the AI isn't dumb, maybe they just have no depth perception and are legally blind (they'll shoot right at an asteroid hoping to hit me, they get so close they ram the asteroid and I have a good laugh. :D Course it doesn't do me much good to hide behind an asteroid for long cause boom...the asteroid collides right into me.

Edit: How did handle the guns' values? I read where the neutron gun (listed as cloudburst in wcpedit) does 80 damage yet it should read 60 (3.0*20). Is the value different due to balancing?

Depends on what you are interested in doing? Viewing them, editing them for Secret ops play, editing them for Standoff play?

Back