WC2 Deluxe

Originally posted by Raptor leader
Will Wing Commander II Deluxe Edition run on Windows 98?

Yes, you can get it to run in a DOS box in windows with a little bit of fiddling about.

Re: Re: Re: WC2 Deluxe

Originally posted by Timmy the Tooth
What kind of fiddling needs to be done?

Depends entirely on your setup. Go read the threads in the Tech Support Zone. If you can't find something applicable, start your own.

Originally posted by Wedge009
KS does include two of the new tunes from SO1/2. Just not the elusive SO1 Kilrathi Theme, AFAIK.

Without it, the terrans cannot stand against us! Erm, I mean... Shouldn't KS not have all the new SO musics? After all, apparently, they were not planned to be included in the package, and that's the reason they were not there to begin with. Oldizey did some work in the music.

Eh, when KS was announced and worked on and at the time it was released they'd thought they were doing the SOs... EA/Origin mangagement didn't decide against it until after the game was on the shelves.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Eh, when KS was announced and worked on and at the time it was released they'd thought they were doing the SOs... EA/Origin mangagement didn't decide against it until after the game was on the shelves.

They'd thought they were doing the SOs and EA didn't decide against the SOs until after the game was released? I thought it was the other way around, what whould explain why the SOs were included after the game was on the shelves.

Originally posted by Delance
They'd thought they were doing the SOs and EA didn't decide against the SOs until after the game was released? I thought it was the other way around, what whould explain why the SOs were included after the game was on the shelves.

The initial plan was to have all four addons ship with the game. I've got a picture of the mockup box that lists all of them...

At some point they decided they wanted to test out their online distribution system, so instead announced that the addons would be available for download (the version that was released). *None* of the addons were available when KS shipped.

Then they decided they'd only release the two Secret Missions... until Origin staff members complained.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The initial plan was to have all four addons ship with the game. I've got a picture of the mockup box that lists all of them...

Interesting. One more thing: the music for the SOs is on the original KS release, or we download them with the SOs? I thought that we didn't have any SO music, but someone said on this thread that there's all but one.

Back