WC1 - Swing Commander

re tyrian im sure i have a copy of the demo somewhere, probs even got full game.

i agree that the academy (game) midis might be nice.

also does anyone have a really good "wing commander soundfont" for their midi playback on their soundcards? ive been looking for one for years!

Originally posted by Madman
also does anyone have a really good "wing commander soundfont" for their midi playback on their soundcards? ive been looking for one for years!

BAHH! Soundfonts. I hate SB-Live!

soundfonts are not merely used by sb live, but also by all pci soundblasters including the audigy and audigy 2

Yeah, well you're just lucky. :) Do we need to go through the numerous "Help! I can't get sound in Privateer!" threads? ;)

My SB16 always worked fine for me. All you people can rot.

Nothing ever beats the music to the Commodore 64's "Blade Runner". Nothing

Nothing beats the Amiga`s sound!
I played WC1 fisrt there and I got hooked from the music first and then from the game!

The Amiga MOD version of WC1 sounds kinda crappy, IMHO. too metallic, if you know waht I mean.

I have it in it's orginal MOD format if you like.

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
The Amiga MOD version of WC1 sounds kinda crappy, IMHO. too metallic, if you know waht I mean.

I dont know about the MOD....the real stuff was perfect!

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
... IMHO. too metallic, if you know waht I mean.

I don't have any experience with what yer talking about, but I have this to say: The graphics from the combat aspect of WC Armada (when you get into a dogfight-gauntlet, etc....) were pretty darn impressive to me, specifically because the Kilrathi ships seemed to have a metallic sheen to them. That's something I've never encountered elsewhere (as yet), whether within or outside of WC. Quite cool, IMHO...

Hey, how bout a MIDI with the opening music from WC1? The music they played in the very beginning when the two Drathis fly by, and a hornet blows up the second one? You know it.

Back