WC1 and PCGamer

TC

SubCrid
WC1 seems to be on the latest PCGamer CD-ROM... I was curious so I've asked on their BB how they pursuaded EA to let them use it (I really could have thought out the wording better though... I did it rather quickly...) And I even added a plug for the WCESCRP.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

If that's the case, then I'm going out right now and picking up a copy. Screw that it's one thirty in the morning!
wink.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
WC1? How curious. Keep us posted - or at least tell us if you find out how they managed it
smile.gif

What issue is that in, by the way? It does seem pretty strange. (Oh, forget my earlier post down there. Sleep deprivation makes you yell... stuff.)

------------------

Maybe that guy over at Usenet was yanking our chain.

------------------

Well, I guess there was no yanking of chains. I just bought the July PCGamer, and Wing Commander is definitely on the disk, along with other games like Duke Nukem 2, Ultima 1, Secret of Monkey Island, and others. Can't wait to play!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Yes, it's definately there... (its not in my area yet though... I tried to find it earlier.)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Hey all...just read this.

Wow! This is at least a partial sucess fot the WCESCRP. Perhaps a prelude to giving out the source. And we hav'nt even sent the letter yet!

Yeah.... I asked on their BB about how they got it released (and as I said, linked the Source Release Project) but they seem to be avoiding the question
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

I don't know if this will help us in any way, Jumper. But still, it does show Origin's willingness to part with the game... provided, of course, that they actually got permission. A lot of magazines distributed the SO episodes without permission, you know.

TC: Bug 'em till they answer
smile.gif

July PCGamer... this thing does get published in Aus, right?

Wait... I already have WC1.

They definately got permission. That is why they didn't post the games on the CD to the net. They were unable to gain permission for that (it would have been incredibly stupid)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Has anyone else gotten the disk yet? I got it installed, watched the cool Kilrathi Saga intro video, installed Wing Commander 1, and watched the cool opening for that ("In the distant future..."), but it froze up a whole bunch. I'm going to have to try it a couple more times to see if I can start playing it. I'd hate not to be able to play it.
frown.gif

------------------

ahhhhhh i saw it, but there was no CD(no plastic bag)
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Damn shoplifters!
frown.gif

Does this mean WC is now a valuable commodity (sp?).
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited June 07, 2000).]

Shoplifters
smile.gif
? You know that PC Gamer is available in both the more expensive CD version and the cheaper magazine only version, right?

damn european PCGAMES!! i looked at the stores here, ever at the place where i work the don't have teh US edition but the stupid dutch one!
mad.gif

Back