WC Workshop Online

I had a terrible pun come to mind this morning...it's become possible with the work going on with workshop, which is why I even mention it and I have to apologize in advance if I've disrupted any serious discussion.

Okay:
1) Grab one of the Firekkan animations from SO2. Doesn't matter which. (Probably the winning animation for maximum effect).
2) Change the text to the lyrics of "Never Gonna Give You Up"
3) Record and post the results somewhere. Maybe YouTube.

And everybody gets...wait for it...........Rikik-rolled. #rimshot

Terrible. I came up with it and even I think I deserve to be fed to the Cats for it...

No work on midgame sequence modification was done yet.
But seriously, can't wait for the day when stuff like this starts to pop up all over the web :)

We really like your work here and it's gonna be very useful for our project too, meaning the FlatUniverse.
Keep up the good work and you'll have your credit from our part.

the MaslasBros

In my compiling of the "phonetics dictionary" I've seen lots of scenes where the phonetics do not match the text. So I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Yeah. They got a little lazy with the secret mission packs. They mouth the same lines over and over after a point. Not sure how different it is but I do have the SWC gamedat files unzipped (HCl made an extractor a while back) and all the dialogue and phonetics is readable within. It shouldn't be incredibly different for the most part but there is that bit about SM1.5. It could be worth looking at.

Last edited:
Yeah. They got a little lazy with the secret mission packs. They mouth the same lines over and over after a point. Not sure how different it is but I do have the SWC gamedat files unzipped (HCl made an extractor a while back) and all the dialogue and ponetics is readable within. It should be incredibly different for the most part but there is that bit about SM1.5. It could be worth looking at.
Yes, I saw that while I was working on my scrips as well and that is why I am working on creating the "Phonetics Dictionary" for delMar. This would allow us to patch the game as sell as help people while creating their new missions.

If you could post or send me those ripped SWC files I'd appreciate that. I want to flow chart their conversations as well and that might be the first step towards making a SM1.5 with delMars tool.

I had a terrible pun come to mind this morning...it's become possible with the work going on with workshop, which is why I even mention it and I have to apologize in advance if I've disrupted any serious discussion.

Okay:
1) Grab one of the Firekkan animations from SO2. Doesn't matter which. (Probably the winning animation for maximum effect).
2) Change the text to the lyrics of "Never Gonna Give You Up"
3) Record and post the results somewhere. Maybe YouTube.

And everybody gets...wait for it...........Rikik-rolled. #rimshot

Terrible. I came up with it and even I think I deserve to be fed to the Cats for it...

My idea does involve singing.

Just figure out the phonetics and facial expressions for it. I'm sure we'll laugh our @$$'s off watching it. ;-)

To hold a character it appears all you have to do is put a number after that character. For example to hold "Oh" us "o9".
(Note that is lower case O not zero. It's hard to tell with this font.")

You gave me an idea today...first line: ♫ Ni'ha orkga erg eshma Khantahr ♫

Still haven't got the whole thing translated yet; coming up with a translation for "hypotenuse" has been tricky.

EDIT: I'm sorry to keep posting on y'all's thread - I'm excited about what y'all are doing. I should probably be doing some actual work for y'all, though.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to keep posting on y'all's thread - I'm excited about what y'all are doing.

Glad you like it.

Short progress announcement:
My research for a fitting UI-framework is making good progress.
Probably I will test some new things this evening of which I'm quite convinced that will make the new UI.

Yeah, and isn't it "Buy Wing Commander 2!" they keep mouthing? :)
Yes it does.

delMar
As a precursor to editing the SM2, it would be nice to be able to edit the text in the funeral scenes. Is this something that could be added to your tool?

Thanks,
Shades

delMar
As a precursor to editing the SM2, it would be nice to be able to edit the text in the funeral scenes. Is this something that could be added to your tool?
Yes, definitely.
It's just that the funeral scenes and medal ceremony scenes are a little bit different.
So it'll need some additional research.

Lol it was smart making it a web application. Now it's in the running for both best fan project and fan site! :)

Back