WC-Ultima connection...?

Dralthi5

Spaceman
I was flipping through the July issue of PCGamer (you know, the one that came with WC1), and it said something about a species of aliens in Ultima 1 are revelaed in a later game to be the Kilrathi. What the hell does that mean?
confused.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about that, but I do recall the two share some of the same music clips. The one that comes to mind is the Theme played in WC2 whenever a cutscene with the Emperor came up.

There was an easter egg in an Ultima game that links the two together, PC Gamer is just stupid and took that to mean that the Kats are the aliens. Just ignore that blurb.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

[This message has been edited by TC (edited June 11, 2000).]

We're in June and the July edition is already out? I'll have to buy it tomorrow, then, perhaps...

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

TC said:
There was an easter egg in an Ultima game that links the two together, PC Gamer is just stupid and took that to mean that the Kats are the aliens. Just ignore that blurb.

Ah, check.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Silent Warrior said:
PCGamer is some ******-up evil object... I get PCGamer over here, but I can't see anything about a WC1KS or Ultima on it! Not even on PCGamer.com! I haven't checked what issue of PCG is out, but... EEEEEEEvil PCGamer!
I agree, PC Gamer is very, very Evil...and cruel to taunt us thus. Where's my WCKS? Well...Where is IT
mad.gif

Incidentally, I live in the UK, and unlike you lucky buggers over the pond, we never, ever, ever get the decent stuff...*Primarch goes off in a huff, cursing*

------------------
'Three Miles High'
smoke.gif

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
The Fanfiction Archives

Maybe the CIC could act as a contact person and buy a bunch of 'em and sell them to us in the unlucky rest of the world?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Well the CIC could but it has no money as an organization (notice the happy lack of ads) so the CIC will not. Maybe a nice person will though if you ask nicely.

TC

P.S. I am not a nice person

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Death's Head...?

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

There is a connection between the two. Ultima7 soundtrack is similar to Thrakath's theme in WC2-SO1. BTW - You encounter the Thrakhews in a space shotout in ULTIMA1 ?!
I think that was the spoof of WC. Both are Origin Worlds, so it's not that unusual.
smile.gif

The music thing isn't surprising, considering that, IIRC, Mr. Oldzey (Sp?) did hte music for the majority of all OSI's games.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Blah! How could something that happened in Ultima 1 be a spoof of Wing Commander? Ultima 1 was published in like 1980 so I really doubt that
smile.gif
. However you do get to see a Kilrathi fighter in Ultima 7 (part 1) and here some Wing Commander 2 music when you see it. A nutty farmer will tell you about the alien that came out of it... describes a cat thing and how it wanted him to "Kill Rathi" or something along those lines. Also in Ultima Underworld 2 you'll run into a race of cat-like creatures who'll tell you something about fighting humans in space before they were reduced to what they are in the game... and their name was something... spelt with the letters in "kilrathi".
But as TC says those were just easter eggs...

No one said it was a spoof... nor did they say that it was the Kats in Ultima 1... (except PCGamer... but as I said, ignore them :)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

JoeyRP said:
BTW - You encounter the Thrakhews in a space shotout in ULTIMA1 ?!
I think that was the spoof of WC. Both are Origin Worlds, so it's not that unusual.
smile.gif

What about this little bit?
smile.gif
Or am I reading it wrong?

Weren't there some Dralthi in Ultima Online? I remember seeing a pic of an event organised by the UO crew with a bunch of knights and the "metallic winged beasts"

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Ah yes, missed that... I retract the spoof comment
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Back