WC:T Byrd Scoutship wip

Here's Archer's door:

archerdoor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no, nuclear is not a synonym for large. it's a synonym for "ship fusion core breach";)

about that fighter, guess i dropped it from memory, that point's to you.

i must admit i always thought that academy was years before wc1 also. but then, i didn't really have the background info you had.
but where exaclty(i guess you've been asked a few dozen times) were paladin, angel, spirit and so on? i recall they were stationed on the claw for a longer while by the time wc1 starts...

Oh, I don't remember them saying anything about a fusion core breaching.

Anyway, Angel, Paladin and co. are around... I mean, we see, what, eight or nine of the Tiger's Claw's 104 pilots over the course of the series? (Well, there's some evidence that Paladin wasn't on the Tiger's Claw specifically at the start of WCA... but the other characters, Angel and Iceman and the like were.)

Re: something earlier in this thread. A nineth 'shared name': the TCS Achilles (an Achilles-class destroyer and an unnamed heavy cruiser). That's probably what you were referring to earlier -- it's not completely unnamed, though, since it's *either* an Achilles-class heavy cruiser or an Agamemnon-class heavy cruiser (since there were only two of them).

it wasn't explicitly said, but i'd guess its not too far fetched that ramming a ship into a planet will cause a lot of internal systems to break.

just having read your blackened post, i have to admit it is somewhat...difficult having three different storylines supposedly taking place at the same time. especially since in wcm, there was a totally different captain on the claw and tolwyn was supreme commander(unless that was Geoffrey Tolwyn senior)

right, but they do in wca, and there theire actually the same person, so if wca, wcm and wc1 take place the same year, and are part of the same storyline, commodore tolwyn must be tolwyn the secon, UNLESS the movie is a seperate canon

So, by your logic the fact that he's commanding the Concordia in Wing Commander 2 makes that a "separate canon"? Lets not make this thread even dumber.

The Heart of the Tiger novel had background about Tolwyn taking command of the Tiger's Claw in 2654 years before any of these other stories - there's no contradiction.

(Per the novel, Tolwyn is commander of the 14th Fleet in the movie - just like WC2, where he's also captain of the Concordia - not whatever a "secon" is.)

I dont' think I'd call it a re-envisioning in any sense other than incredibly specific physical designs -- because it's not a retelling of anything; it's just a story that takes place before the first game.

no, the fact that you said wc1, wca and wcm were happening more or less in the same timeframe, and that he can't be both commnader of all confed fleet and commodore of the claw, that makes me think that tolwyn in wcm is either the father of commodore tolwyn or it is indeed a seperate canon, or a reinvisioning of the same canon, if you like

Chevieblazer said:
no, the fact that you said wc1, wca and wcm were happening more or less in the same timeframe, and that he can't be both commnader of all confed fleet and commodore of the claw, that makes me think that tolwyn in wcm is either the father of commodore tolwyn or it is indeed a seperate canon, or a reinvisioning of the same canon, if you like

People need to read and understand LOAF's posts before replying to this thread. You just invented that "commnader of all confed fleet" thing. Of course if you invent new things, those things might contradict established things. LOAF already explained what Tolwyn's role was in the movie and how it meshed with everything else just fine without inventing further silly stuff.

ok, my bad on the high commander. it was an assumption based on the fact that there seemed just his fleet between vega and sol(and he was- what, five jumps out) but never mind that.

what i'd like to know is if i get the chronological order right:

1)wca(the first ep, blair and maniac at academy)
2)wcm(blair and maniac arrive on the claw)
3)wc1
4)rest of wca(since blair gets assigned as wing commander there, possibly 3) and 4) not clearly seperable chronologically)

is that correct?

I would say the order would be
WCATV
WCM
WC1
Actually I always thought of the movie as something entirely different. Like something that complemented Wc1 but not actually that close of a relation. But if we include them I would put them in that order.

Also LOAF what ships do you have?

i also had the oppinion that the movie was kinda seperate, but i've been told otherwise.

your order can't quite be because in the movie, mav and maniac first arrive on the claw. during most of wca, they're on the claw

Pilots may transfer ship by ship. In WCA blair is cadet onboard ТС, In WCM - arriving on TC as pilot and in WC1 hi pilot with some victory - see in killbord.

The first episode of Red and Blue takes place from March 13th through March 14th, 2654. The episode is set at the Flight School at Sirius and ends with Blair and company learning they're being assigned to the TCS Tiger's Claw.

The Wing Commander movie takes place March 15th through March 17th, and is the story of Blair's first missions on the carrier. It's followed by the novel Pilgrim Stars.

Wing Commander I starts on April 20th with the first Enyo series mission. The second is the next day (as stated in the set introduction date in the game).

We generally put the second episode of Academy (and thus Tolwyn's taking over the Victory in the Wing Commander III novel) just before this - on April 4th. (Based on the "first few weeks on a carrier" quip).

The next block of Wing Commander I missions has been defined accurately thanks to the date given for the TCSO show in Claw Marks: May 20th. Working backwards using all the time references, we have McAuliffe 1 through Port Hedland 3 taking place from May 11th through May 21st.

The 'middle' of Wing Commander I is more vauge. We do know some things:

* Since we know the date of the Sivar Eshrad Ceremony, we know that The Price of Victory and Glory of Sivar (the last arc of WCA) take place from Oct. 19th through Oct. 20th.

* We have solid dates for both Venice 1 and Venice 4 - October 14th for the former, November 21st for the latter. Using that we have solid connecting dates for HUbble's Star 3 through Venice 2/Hell's Kitchen 2 (Oct. 11th through Oct. 14th) and then a solid date for the 'end' of the game (Venice 3/Hell's Kitchen 3 through Venice 4/Hell's Kitchen 4).

That's not the end of 2654, though - the first series and a half (Goddard & Border Zone) of The Secret Missions occurs on November 22nd.

What's not assigned for sure? The middle arcs of Academy and the Kurasawa series of Wing Commander I. The later surely takes place just before Rostov... but Academy *either* takes place 'around' the first two episodes or around the last two.

Pilots may transfer ship by ship. In WCA blair is cadet onboard ТС, In WCM - arriving on TC as pilot and in WC1 hi pilot with some victory - see in killbord.

Stop spouting nonsense.

so basically what you're saying is that, only regarding the character of tolwyn, he first was commodore of the claw (wca, ep1) then was promoted to commanding admiral of the 14th fleet on the concordia supercruiser in wcm and then went back to be the captain of the claw by mid october of the same year at the latest.

is that correct?

Back