WC on XP

FiSH

Spaceman
Hi All,

As a fellow WC fanatic, I was hoping you could help me out, I've recently dug out my WC games, however I'm running windows XP, just tried to run WC:IV and it is showing no picture, and playing no sound, however it is running, as when I press ESC I get the "Help Him Out" | "Straighten Him Out" option and when I press one I get a still from the video sequence, I then get the second option, then it freezes.

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated,

regards

FiSH

This has happened on mine aswell the only way i got it to run properly is to knock the sound off but without the sound it loses it playabillity

yeah my sound keeps jumping and in the instalation it says my dvd-rom is too fast??

Hehe, well, WC4 hails from a time when 12x was considered ludicrous. :) It says mine is too fast as well (and that's on a 1998-machine! I don't dare assault it with my new flashy rig). Or did WC3 say that instead...? *Hrm* Well, too fast CD/DVD-drive never stopped me.

The sound problem is something I can't solve. Cue tech-d00ds.

I just gor it running. Go to http://www.the-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~, lokk for privateer or privateer2, there must be a link to two fanpages. On one of them, there's a link to a forum dealing with the same probs. There you can download a Win95-Patch. Works well with my Sys (WinXP). You may have to tell the new .exe-file to run in Win95-compatibilty mode, though.

And BTW you can DL that Win95 patch for WC4 from the file section of THIS page like you can DL about anything LEGAL from here.

ROFL! Unregistered r teh funnie! :D

But yeah, Win95-patch, available wherever, official, free, legal, etc sounds like a very sane idea. *Ponder* ... Hey, didn't he get it sort of running in XP? Doesn't that require a measure of Win-patching already?

Alright you officers need to loosen up. WC1, WC2, and WC1:KS have been released into public domain, and if you wish to debate that fact, talk to the mass distribution of all of the aforementioned as part of a PC Gamer "Classic Games CD" a few years ago.

Let's not be anal about blocking sites.

And I am considered by my friends to be a stickler for pirates.

WC1, WC2, and WC1:KS have NEVER been released into public domain.
The PC Gamer disk was authorized by ORIGIN/EA and PC Gamer did PAY them to be allowed to distribute it that way. In no way was this a declaration of PD.

Bringing back an old post to clairify, since I didn't notice it before.

data8504 said:
Alright you officers need to loosen up. WC1, WC2, and WC1:KS have been released into public domain, and if you wish to debate that fact, talk to the mass distribution of all of the aforementioned as part of a PC Gamer "Classic Games CD" a few years ago.

WC1 KS was the only one distributed this way. WC2 was not. PC Gamer had to negotiate and purchase distributions rights for the game to release it on that CD. It is not in the public domain.

And I am considered by my friends to be a stickler for pirates.

That's nice

Back