WC Music

Fireball SC

Spaceman
What music groups would everyone like to see OSI use next? Should the go with Cobalt60 again, with Oldziey(SP?) Composing? Or should they try some new bands? I'd like to see some of the cooler bands make some music, like Powerman 5000, just one of their songs, "When Worlds Collide," sounds like a song that would be in a WC game. Don't know why I thought of this, just was listening to some music, and was wondering what everyone else thought about Cobalt60 and if OSI should use them again for the next game.

------------------
Member of the LMG, and hating it. (Disgruntled Man)

Proud member: Wing Commander Space Command; Union of Border Worlds 5th Fleet; Black Lance Command

I think they should use a combination of techno, orchestral and the like. One or two popular names may bring a few new fans to the WCU, even if we only give them a track or two.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point DH, if they use popular music, we might be able to draw in some of the fans of the bands to play the game (its happened before, I had three friends start playing "Road Rash" just because it had Monster Magnet and a couple of other bands in it (can't remember the names off hand) in the music on it.

------------------

Proud member: Wing Commander Space Command; Union of Border Worlds 5th Fleet; Black Lance Command

Personally, I`d like to see George Oldziey composing again. One of the main things that drew me to WC games was the music. It managed to give you a thrill and a feeling that the fate of the universe lay on your shoulders, a feeling that Xwing & Tie-Fighter never had. you could tell immediately when something is happening just by listening to the music.

Vangelis... hmm, yes. That is an interesting idea. How about Mike Oldfield? His Tubular Bells(I or II; not really III) would work rather well.

Mind you, the question is really a moot point, since what we think makes no difference whatsoever
smile.gif

They should have used "Wherever I may Roam" on WCIV, as for Vagabond
smile.gif

------------------

I want to hear what the Love Animals sound like
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

No Regret said:
I want to hear what the Love Animals sound like
smile.gif

Never heard of them
smile.gif
Did I miss something somewhere?

------------------

Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

I think I'm missing something, too. When did Darth Vader say that?
wink.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

During Shadows of the Empire.

------------------

Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

I just read that part and found it really cool, so I changed my sig.

------------------

The Love Animals are a hippie band from the Wc universe. Very popular during the Cat war.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Ah, yes, I remember reading something about them now.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.

Never mind.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited March 14, 2000).]

On Metallica: of Wolf and Man for the fight, with Ecstacy of Gold as an intro I guess, great in the launch and 1st nav (i love that song)... maybe some rock/orchestra at the same time.

------------------
I don't respect your authority BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE!!!

Chernikov said:
On Metallica: of Wolf and Man for the fight, with Ecstacy of Gold as an intro I guess, great in the launch and 1st nav (i love that song)... maybe some rock/orchestra at the same time.

A rock/orchestra mix would be good for WC. It would give the series it's own unique flavor.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

Those whose eyes have seen shall not live to tell about it -- commercial for the American version of Gundam Wing

Back