wc movie special edition ?

sonter

Spaceman
Anyone here know if there are any plans to release a full on special edition of the wing commander movie? wouldnt it be great to have an anamorphic version, with dts sound, deleted scenes, documentaries etc etc...

sonter said:
Anyone here know if there are any plans to release a full on special edition of the wing commander movie? wouldnt it be great to have an anamorphic version, with dts sound, deleted scenes, documentaries etc etc...

While that would be really great, As far as we know, FOX doesnt intend to do a second WC movie dvd release. SO the next version is almost certainly going to be a blueray or DVD-HD version (An HD transfer already exists an broadcasts on HBO/cinemax from time to time) In fact at one point, some PR guy actually stated adamantly that there will never be another WC1 region 1 DVD. Though I don't know how much authority he had to make that statment and the context of the statement doesnt lend itself to being taken as the absolute gospel truth of the matter.

Yeah, I don't seem them making any documentaries, but there are some great deleted scenes they could add. FOX has aligned itself with the Sony format, so the high definition Wing Commander movie will most likely be released on Blueray Disc.

ChrisReid said:
Yeah, I don't seem them making any documentaries, but there are some great deleted scenes they could add. FOX has aligned itself with the Sony format, so the high definition Wing Commander movie will most likely be released on Blueray Disc.

There are some promo interviews made that ran on movie channels on tv and such while it was still playing in theaters that could be included though.

I found some features and behind the scenes stuff in backissues of the sci-fi magazine sfx so im sure there is stuff available. its just a matter of fox deciding that there is enough interest to warrent a release of a special edition

Back