WC IV DVD *crash*

F

Friendly Person

Could anyoen shed some light on to why WC IV DVD edition crashes after the super base mission..i allected to not use the flash pck and fight my way through..and upon mission completion during docking WC crashes to desktop and says error..not much info is given in the error..if anyone has had this problem please leave a reply..

and if anymore info is required just ask it..

It's hard to say. I can't think of any particular game bug that might do it. WC4 DVDs are slightly more prone to defects than other games, so it's possible a movie file that wants to play is misfiring. Does everything go smoothly if you try to copy the disc to the hard drive? Are you running the game with stuff like compatibility mode on? Typical directX compatibility steps might help too: disable sound/video hardware acceleration in the control panel and dxdiag panel.

I have copied the DVD to the hard drive with out any complications..i've even mounted with daemon tools to no avail..

is there some work around for a bad movie file?

and i will try the direct x hardware acceleration idea..

i don't run on an compatibility modes but i did patch the game..i believe i posted the files and patches i used a couple days ago in another thread

well it seems to have resolved itself..thank you for the tips..i shall remember them if the game gives me trouble in the future

Back