WC Fanfic Ideas (I could use some help from LOAF)

Concordia

Swabbie
Banned
I've thought up some ideas for a fanfic...

All take place between WC1 and WC4... I'm not very fond of Prophecy, so I'm not inclined to make WCP stories...

STORY IDEA ONE: Takes place on a destroyer called the TCS-Lesnick (I'll have to clear it with Bandit LOAF-- I will give the ship another name if LOAF does not wish me to use his.). I want to name it after LOAF because he's basically the largest wealth of WC Information *bows humbly before LOAF* I have ever seen. I can change the name at any time as I have not begun writing yet...

The story takes place in 2665-2667, it's basically the story of a Destroyer's crew during the end of the Kilrathi war. TCS Lesnick is a Gilgamesh-Class destroyer led by Commander Cauffield.

The ship serves on it's own for certain parts (can destroyers run independant?), in others is working as part of a Cruiser Group (what do you call a group with a Cruiser, and two destroyers like the Plunkett/Murphy groups in WCP:SO?), works in a DESRON, and even serves in the battle of Vukar Tag.

The Vukar Tag bit is actually from the opposite point of view as End Run. End Run shows it from the Tarawa's point of view. The Lesnick is on the side at Vukar Tag... the part where the Confed Fleet swamp the Kilrathi forces (due to Tarawa's work). It would explain the battle in greater detail.

STORY IDEA TWO: "Concordia's Final Days"
This story takes place just after the battle of Terra. Admiral Tolwyn takes a new assignment at Confed HQ. The Concordia receives a new Battlegroup-Commander, new CAG, and a new Captain.

Concordia races out into deep-space tailing the remainder of the Hakaga task force and finishes her out with a vengeance for what they did to earth just a few months earlier. All is great, but not for long.

Concordia is falling apart at the seams from the constant beating's she's sustained over nearly 8 years of service and 4 years of constant abuse. Rather than return to earth for repairs, which she desperately needs, she's assigned rear-guard missions= patrolling "safe-sectors" for 8 months straight. The fighter pilots grow tired and restless, the crew grow worried that their ship might just fall apart as the seams.

History records TCS-Concordia went down over Vespus during a rear-guard patrol gone horribly wrong. The dreadnought fell prey to a kilrathi ambush. But the story reveals what actually happened. Concordia, being the only ship in range gave her all to stop a Kilrathi task force from unleashing devastating hell on a planet...

The story of Concordia's final days...

--------

-Concordia
"That's all Leftenant!"

Back