WC Fan made games....MOD designers

vindicator

Rear Admiral
I feel that the the WCnews awards need to be more seperated as far as best fan project first Mod designers are in a seprate class as far as making a game they have a base game. Games like vegastrike, are completely from the ground up and therefore should be in a whole other class by themselves what do you guys think?
-Vindicator-

Since the chances of the moon crashing into Earth tomorrow and eradicating all life are higher than the chances of any WC fan project ever actually deserving any type of positive award, I'm going to have to say this is practically a non-issue.

Vindicator's got a point, though. Programming an engine from the bottom-up instead of writing missions for an existing engine is, in my eyes, a more impressive effort. Not that the missions are automatically worse or anything, of course.

And news sites are very different from information sites, and RPG sites are yet another completely different thing. We could have nearly as many categories as contestants if we wanted to. One for website of the year and one for project of the year works out fine.

Also, do you have any idea how difficult it was to make Hadrian change 2001 to 2002 on two graphics? If we increased the number of awards, we'd have to make the event bicentennial.

Actually I agree, as close as UE is, this year I voted for Vega Strike due to the sheer wow factor that it had been coded from scratch.

Back