WC:CD Support Craft

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
So I've started to get into upgrading some of the support craft...First is the Refueler...Tell me what ya think.... I added some armament (2x Ion Pulse Cannons) and probably a small turret on the underbelly, and added Some Fuel Tanks to actually make it looks like it has the ability to refuel things :)

This is just the beginning of doing the support craft I have 6 more ships todo...The Rescue....The Hercules....Doing a few new designs for large transports

Attachments

• updref1.jpg
    updref1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 137
  • updref2.jpg
    updref2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 121
  • updref3.jpg
    updref3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 118
  • updref4.jpg
    updref4.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 123
Always nice to see the support ships and shuttles. Do you intend to model new turrets or take the default ones?

I might use the default ones but.....I might want to model new turrets I'm just not really too sure on how there structure is....I might do some research on this

The refueler looks nice the tankers on the side and a better look to it but I think the turret should go on the wings side of the ship because with a full rotating turret on both sides the ship can defend it’s self and the fighter it’s refueling at the same time and the ship wont have to move around to face it’s attacker with the two fixed guns.

Good idea...I was thinking along the same lines, I just didn't show the turret on the bottom of the ship ;)

I decided to Redo the "Charon" Model and make it into a Marine "Assault Craft" NOT "Landing Craft" So here's some preliminaries

Attachments

• AC1.jpg
    AC1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 108
  • AC2.jpg
    AC2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 94
Nice design. Is it some sort of "boarding torpedo", smashing through a ship's hull, or where's the airlock?

I wish I would be able to do that!!! That would be awesome!!! Well I was thinking of some type of Assault Boarding Craft, A little different than the Marine LC....Here's after some texturing this afternoon, and evening.

Attachments

• Charon05.jpg
    Charon05.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Charon04.jpg
    Charon04.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Charon03.jpg
    Charon03.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Charon02.jpg
    Charon02.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Charon01.jpg
    Charon01.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 96
Hehe sorry, sometimes i see those detailed models and forget there's a 12 year old game you have to put them in

Well here's the "Charon" with a little more texturing...I haven't gotten to armament yet........ I was thinking about doing something good for the cockpit area I'm definately not satisfied with the cockpit the way it is right now

Attachments

• Char04.jpg
    Char04.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Char03.jpg
    Char03.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 95
  • Char02.jpg
    Char02.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Char01.jpg
    Char01.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 94
Here's another Revision.....The Cockpit Area Had to be more pronounced

Attachments

• Char13.jpg
    Char13.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 120
I looked at the original "Hercules" model and textures and figured it would probably be best if it doesn't have some markings... But I did use some of the stripes that were on the Hercules...Enjoy....

Oh P.S: I know what you mean by it looking like a hornet....Too much GREEN haha

The Cargo looking pods on the side of the engines, I will be changing those into some type of launchers, for missiles, & or some type of guns.

Attachments

• Char18.jpg
    Char18.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Char17.jpg
    Char17.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 96
  • Char16.jpg
    Char16.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Char15.jpg
    Char15.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 108
It looks cool I think it looks like you can but a turret on the top near the back there’s a round spot that looks perfect for one and it you put missiles I think they should be some kind of stage missiles were for each missile you get like four other missile that can lock on to both fighters and turrets cause if there making a hard insertion then the rapid fire of those kind of missiles will make a lot of fighter freak out and run from them. Which should give the ship the time it needs to dock and do its thing

I looked at the original "Hercules" model and textures and figured it would probably be best if it doesn't have some markings... But I did use some of the stripes that were on the Hercules...Enjoy....

Oh P.S: I know what you mean by it looking like a hornet....Too much GREEN haha

I would have compared it to the Venture, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The green looks pretty too.

Here's another Transport you'll see in the WC:CD mod...
This time it's an updated type of modular transport that you normally see in WC3 and WC4.

Now I know I had some transports I did a long time ago...but I think doing something totally new and appealing...I wanted to give this transport a certain Arena, or older type of look to it... Check it and tell me what ya think.... Also I didn't put any decals on it...So it's generic

Attachments

• conf01.jpg
    conf01.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 100
  • conf2.jpg
    conf2.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 91
  • conf3.jpg
    conf3.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 98
  • conf4.jpg
    conf4.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 96
  • conf5.jpg
    conf5.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 109
I updated it a bit, made it a lil wider...put a few lil decals on the containers... And adding some bracing of sorts...

Attachments

• conf6.jpg
    conf6.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 106
  • conf7.jpg
    conf7.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 103
Back