WC:CD "Firekkan Fighter"

You can only imagine how they would be able to stay standing in an atmospheric G force pull.... it's like standing on a swing of some sort and trying to stand while G forces are exerted on you....what if it was the opposite...trying to stand while exerting Negative G forces you wouldn't be able to....but i guess in space it doesn't really matter haha

Seems to me that they would lie on their bellies in a flying position, possibly manipulating the controls with their feathers (assuming they have feather; I think it mentions so in Freedom flight, but I'm not sure) as well as their hands and feet. This would be the most natural position for them; they wouldn't even have to think about moving extra controls (other than the throttle) - they could just feel their way along.

Alright well I know I'm a little late in updating and said I was going todo it last night but.....Here it is...I've designated the name as "Helbraus" which was the design name that was going to be originally used in the Privateer Online gameplay as a Firekkan medium class fighter....I'm lookingto make this fighter super fast but without much shielding & armor...Here's the specs & total update on pictures below below. I'm thinking on still using the previous design perhaps as a heavy fighter.

Length: 19 meters
Mass: 14 metric tonnes
Max. Y/P/R: 90/120/120
Max. Velocity: 610
Max. Afterburn Velocity: 1680
Shields: 110 cm
Armor: 250 cm
Weapons: 2 laser
2 Meson
Rocket pod (2x10)
Heat Seeker (2x2)
Light Torpedo (1x1)
Jump Capable: Yes
Manufacturer: The FPA (Firekkan Planetary Alliance)

P.S: I based this design on both the image "Wco07" and also another sci-fi ship which someone may or may not recognize.... brownie points if you can tell me what ship I might've used to help build this model.

Attachments

• Helbraus01.jpg
    Helbraus01.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Helbraus02.jpg
    Helbraus02.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Helbraus03.jpg
    Helbraus03.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 75
  • Helbraus04.jpg
    Helbraus04.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Helbraus05.jpg
    Helbraus05.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 72
Alright well I know I'm a little late in updating and

P.S: I based this design on both the image "Wco07" and also another sci-fi ship which someone may or may not recognize.... brownie points if you can tell me what ship I might've used to help build this model.

eh.... Raven's Claw from Jedi Knight series :D

P.S. what's "brownie points"??

i actually don't know i guess it's almost like a "Kudos to you" type deal ~~~ But your correct I used the fuselage from the Raven's Claw...Fits in pretty good I might add :)

True....Here's some screens with the guns added...

Attachments

• Helbraus07.jpg
    Helbraus07.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Helbraus08.jpg
    Helbraus08.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 96
I would be inclined to make any fighters for the birds "light" fighters with alot of manuverability - it strikes me that a bird flying through space would want to be able to move more then it would want to be able to absorb hits. They seem to place more emphasis on fancy flying then staying alive in the WC verse.

I would be inclined to make any fighters for the birds "light" fighters with alot of manuverability - it strikes me that a bird flying through space would want to be able to move more then it would want to be able to absorb hits. They seem to place more emphasis on fancy flying then staying alive in the WC verse.

Well to be honest I only classified it as Medium based on Armament...IT is really a light fighter (Light weight, Fast) Check the specs above....

Here's the fighter in the vision engine....it looks at home in it to be honest... I still have todo some graphics for it tho similar to what I did for the other fighter but it doesn't look half bad.

Attachments

• Hel01.jpg
    Hel01.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 202
  • Hel02.jpg
    Hel02.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 108
That definitely looks a bit alien and at the same time, it looks at home next to the Vampire since they both have similar engine/wing setups. Nice job! It looks a bit more fragile than the first fighter, so I might imagine it being more fast and maneuverable with weaker shielding and armor.

The side windows are an excellent touch. In drawings of Firekkans, they appear to have monocular vision since they have their eyes a bit to the sides of their heads rather than forward. They would likely appreciate having side views as well as forward in their fighters. This would allow them to track multiple targets from the front, sides, and a little bit behind them all at the same time (maybe enlarge the side windows and allow more of a rear view from the cockpit? You could even reduce the front and top views if necessary).

Birds generally fly at their prey by following a curved path since they see forward best with their heads turned at about a 40 degree angle. They would likely be looking primarily out the sides of their windows when flying in formation, going evasive, or turning to get on an enemy's six o' clock position. Foward and to a lesser degree backwards views would also be viewed simultaneously in their peripheral vision. They would likely be the first to visually spot an ambush from behind or targets to the sides.

On the downside, monocular vision hurts their ability to perceive distance (they still can, but not as well). A typical Firekkan fighter in your game could have high stats for flying and slightly low stats for gunnery as a result (not sure if gunnery and flying are seperate inputs in the game engine). When firing, they'd have to turn their head at a 40 degree angle (which birds can do very quickly). It would be similar depth perception to a human that had one eye.

If you design cockpits for the game, the Firekkan fighter cockpits would likely have some gagues located more towards the sides.

Other aspects of a bird's vision that could be handy for the fiction and possibly mission aspects of the game are a bird's ability to sense magnetic fields for navigating as well as see UV light (their fighters might be individually painted in UV rays, but we can't see them, for instance).

In their natural flying postitions Firekkans should naturally handle more Gs since blood wouldn't rush as much from their heads when pulling up and into their heads when pulling down. They wouldn't be able to handle accellerating and decelerating as much as humans though unless they were in a perch position..

In response....

The fighter which i timidly called the "Helbraus" based on the POL Online design manual, Is not all that bad of a fighter, Sure if ganged up on by superior fighters it can make for a nigh impossible battle. But it is almost uncatchable except for certain fighters with either long range capability or a high speed like the Wasp or Vampire fighters. It's armament although not all that great is fairly decent. The shields can take a few hits (Depending on who is firing at you) it's armor well is almost laughable. But if a pilot is able to affectively use it's speed and agility to there advantage it's a pretty good ship. One fighter you will really have a tough time is the Puffer ship which has layers and layers and layer of armor, and also the Warlord class Aceships....Sure the Helbraus can outrun them but on face to face confrontation the Helbraus will drop from the skies so to speak.

I like all the designs here. They look like the kind of fighters that could perform just as well inside or outside an atmosphere. Maybe you could suggest that's how the Firekkans choose to design them in your mod.

Strangely enough, the third image along at the very top reminds me of the Firefox from that old Clint Eastwood movie. Just from that angle.

I think the Firefox from the Clint Eastwood movie was awesome!! But yea I can see the resemblence now ~~~

Good point... I have to apply the paint job onto it...it's a little generic at the moment.... But I'll get right on that one :)

Back