WC:CD "Fan Input"

Well as far as the Pirate Vendetta I can do black....Which I'll probably do...but it won't be (JET Black) The Visions engine won't let me do that without it looking totally transparent. But I can do an extremely dark grey. And I can put some type of Skull n crossbones type of logo/emblem on there.

We'll see where The texture takes me....for now at least...Texturing is harder then actually doing the model. But I like your ideas so far

ok jason i get you.

you want make this all feel more like a privateer 2 (where there was some "life in space"). I really like that idea :). so far all wc parts left that out..

@ ship models: well, I guess creating new transports etc. is the only way to go

@ steltek: If you plan to include them, don't focus on the nephilim storyline. just keep it a mystery and a sort of "neutral society". or just bring up some "rumors" of what might the nephilim be interested in the steltek. this way you do not collide with a possible storyline

@ hurriraptor: I cant help myself, but with the paintjob of rapierdragon this models screams to be named "raptor MK II" ;)

Triple-B:

I think we've gone over this a few times over the forums but...Here's the general consensus on the Steltek....

They were a highly advanced race that had a civil war in the known Terran/Kilrathi space. They had since left togo somewhere near the galactic core and took all the technology with them.

And that's pretty much it....I don't plan on having any Steltek ships in the mod...And will probably release them as a shipset at some point...Although I don't know why you would want to fly them...or include them in any mod.

you got me wrong, I dont want to fly them. it was just part of "bringing life and variety to the game"

sorry for the misunderstanding

Need a free file host? ~~~, me too!

Tell me about it. I've been having to manually attach like 10 zip's (over 5 per email) for each person who emails me about my Dark Pirates paper space-fighter ships.

Normally I'd just point at my free hoster, savefile.com ... but it went down in like late August for a major server overhaul. They said they'd be back shortly, had frequent updates, even a crude countdown for early November, and then wham, Dec.10th rolls around and suddenly their address is pulling up what looks like one of those generic advert/searcher websites.

For like a week I was finding them at savefile.net, but even that's now getting that advert/searcher type site.

Now their showing up as savefile.org (probably cause the spam-bots took over rerouting ppl from the valid .com and .net identities to their spam-site). And while they look functional, the new user, existing user login, and password recovery things all just "site still in beta testing" page with no info whatsoever about when they expect to be back.

Need ideas for paint-jobs? Color? Ship design?

Converting your white low-poly 3d pics to color doesn't take me long. I'm pretty good and quick with windows paint (though I suck at CAD-3d. All my paper-works are self-drawn in windows paint, with the math and design entirely worked out by nothing more than my own mind and a pocket calculator).

I don't know how long it takes you to go from that flat-white low-poly look to the full-color high-poly look... painting/attaching textures, waiting for renders, etc... but I'm almost always free to run ideas by (or have a cheap color job done) cause I've got like no job (and no life)... its one of the few up-sides to being on disability welfare... TV, Internet, and paper-ships occupy probably like 80% of my time (when I'm not sleeping).

So if you want like 5 different color paint-jobs, and not just turn blue>red but actual "different looks" I've probably got the time to invent ideas and throw them your way. Use'em, don't use'em, I don't really care so long as it stays civil. Heck, I don't even really care if I don't get partial credit for the creative/artistic part of the process.

I mean really... I've got practically nothing else to do. (WAH! Actual possibility of death by sheer boredom!). ~~~.

Oh, before I forget... odd fighter pictures to inspire designs

These are from that mugenbine series I mentioned. As I said, some are odd, but "new" and/or "unusual" can be hard to invent... but sometimes its easier to take a bunch of odd-shaped bits and make a design than to make something out of nothing.

Heck, maybe it'll just inspare a paint-job or some wierd detailing.

... A red bird-fighter from one mugenbine "jumbo" set (second pic is its "shield" mode for when the robot part of its set needs a large shield... though it too kind of looks space-fightery)...
... A blue lion-fighter...
... A tan dino-attack-chopper (take off the top heli-blades and it might look a bit like a WCP Wasp) ...
... A future-car to pteradactl-like fighter ...
... A red raptor to rocket-thing (kind of Longbow or Epee looking) ...
... A tiger to, uh, kind of looks like a blue version of kilrathi cap-ship (wc1 Ralari maybe if you count the white area up front as "open space between two prongs")...
... A red lion-fighter (slight different from teh above blue one) ...
... A yellow lion to double-drill (if those rear vertical wings were put horizontal it might look a bit like WC1's Crossbow, or maybe a Phantom?)...
...and finally, a very bird-looking red'n'purple bird-fighter.

Attachments

• mugen-bine_shokugun-suzaku01.jpg
    mugen-bine_shokugun-suzaku01.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 131
  • yhst-80395414325915_2051_20712463.jpg
    yhst-80395414325915_2051_20712463.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 120
  • yhst-80395414325915_2051_20576636.jpg
    yhst-80395414325915_2051_20576636.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 120
  • mugen10.jpg
    mugen10.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 132
  • mugen04.jpg
    mugen04.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 132
  • mu005.jpg
    mu005.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 144
  • mu004.jpg
    mu004.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 128
  • mu003.jpg
    mu003.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 128
  • mu000.jpg
    mu000.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 127
  • mugen-bine_shokugun-suzaku02.jpg
    mugen-bine_shokugun-suzaku02.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 116
Those are definitely great designs that they are... I started texturing the Hurricane II fighter.... Here's where I got so far....I just kept it red at the moment.... It's fairly easy to change the textures it placing them in the right spots is the tricky part for me.

Also I used some of your ideas..RapierDragon.

Attachments

• Hurry3.jpg
    Hurry3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Hurry2.jpg
    Hurry2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Hurry01.jpg
    Hurry01.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 155
If I make no sense in this lil thread please forgive...It's taken me a few hours to texture this so far..(I'm still not done) I actually really dig a yellow color for this one....Suggestions?

Also RapierDragon...I'm low on time and brain power at the moment but I'll figure out what I think about your colorful ideas tomorrow and I'll let you know in regard to those Mugenbine things or whatever.

I'll work on the Pirate fighter known as the "Vendetta" to put some pirate esq features on it a lil later...Time for a lil sleep, Then I'll work on it later...... Also some suggestions for how this fighter should handle and fly...etc.... I'm thinking for it to be harder on one or 2 of the rates a lil slower on the maneuverability maybe ypr 65/90/115 but it will be fairly fast 480 cruise... like afterburn 1300. We already know it's armed with 2 neutron and 2 meson...What do you think is fair for some missile armament....(Keep in mind the pods are under/implemented into the engine pods) So I was thinking maybe some Dumbfire RP's (Rocket Pod) total of 40.....Maybe a few Imrecs.....a few Heat seekers...perhaps even a wild weasel type of varient with some radio missiles instead of Heatseekers...and actually I did a texture between the engines in the rear as a drop for some mines.

Attachments

• Hurt01.jpg
    Hurt01.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 151
my ideas:

1.) the yellow counterpart good be used as a militia/ police ship

2.) it could be modified version of the red one, e.g. bomber- or scout-variant

my ideas:

The engine intakes should be a little less pronounced I think. As for a pirate ship, perhaps brown colors with a rather beat up look like rust or something.

my ideas:

Ok, Let me ask you....Because I just wanted something different instead of blue or red or even green that we see in ALL the other WC games...What is your reasoning that yellow should be used as a militia/police ship if it's yellow? And no this will not be a bomber or scout variant, reasons being...
A.) It wouldn't have enough armor/shielding to be a bomber
and B.) It's fast but not that fast to be a scout
...It is a medium fighter and will be used as such... With NO possibility of a bomber or scout variant. There are 3 other bombers in the Mod. Devastator, Longbow, Broadsword. Why have another? I'm replacing the Tigershark with the Hurricane II, and as far as performance you'll see similar results.

Frosty: I agree with making the intakes a lil less pronounced..... But for the pirate Vendetta fighter... I think I'm actually going to use Rapierdragons idea on the going black pirate type of thing. Maybe I can put some certain (Worn details on it, scuff marks, rust,etc..) I think that's what you mean right?

ok, you said before you would like to use the blue variant instead of the red one, then you came up with the yellow variant and asked for suggestions. since blue is the typical confed color, I thought maybe yellow could be used for militia or similiar. I recall that some police ships in privateer 2 were yellow ( thats 13 years ago, i might be wrong here)

so therefore my idea of yellow for police.

i dont know the exact ship specs, therefore suggesting bomber/scoutvariant was just brainstorming/alternatives.

true there are 3 bombers of which 2 are flyable. i recall the longbow wasn't. my idea was to have maybe 3 types of bombers:

hurricane bomberloadout: light
broadsword: "medium"
devastator: heavy

again, just ideas.

ok, you said before you would like to use the blue variant instead of the red one........

- I have to rewind a little bit, That red/blue was for that P2 Vendetta design... That I "Would" use the blue instead of the red....But as it stands now...It's going to be black with some type of pirate insignias. (I just haven't gotten to it yet)

true there are 3 bombers of which 2 are flyable. i recall the longbow wasn't. my idea was to have maybe 3 types of bombers:

hurricane bomberloadout: light
broadsword: "medium"
devastator: heavy

again, just ideas.

- There is only 1 flyable bomber within the mod....The Broadsword. I don't mind the ideas and it's good that they are different than my own (Gives me a little bit of perspective) but the only flyable ships are as follows....
The Arrow Scout, The Broadsword Executioner, Rapier Blade, and the Excalibur Wyvern.

- I agree it would not be a bad idea to have a Hurricane II variant with a light Torp load.

- As far as colors.....Confed ships in general don't have much of a color scheme, and you would think there colors would be for what ship group they are in and/or what squadron....For the most part we think WC1 and WC2 had alot of green...and that's true they do. Those colors were based on artists impression at the time, and they just so happened to choose some type of green color to use on the ships that were in the Tigers Claw group and also the Concordia group. In WC3 there is no real color scheme except the ships in the Victory group, in WC4 the colors have changed pretty much as per squadron/group.....In Prophecy we actually see that certain fighter groups have certain colors....The Black Windows have black widow schemes on the fighters...Take the original Devastator for example. Look from the top view of that fighter and you'll see.

- The point I'm trying to make Is that I'm using this Yellow color scheme as a squadron. That is with the TCS Coral Sea. I don't know what to name that squadron yet (Even if I do) only that it is having some type of yellow markings.

- Also in P2 the police force is not Confed at all. They were in fact called the CIS (Central Intelligence Service). In fact Confed is not even in that game. That's set off in the future at some point. 100+ years, post Arena, in an area known as the "Tri-System". True some of the craft were yellow and green.

Frosty: I agree with making the intakes a lil less pronounced..... But for the pirate Vendetta fighter... I think I'm actually going to use Rapierdragons idea on the going black pirate type of thing. Maybe I can put some certain (Worn details on it, scuff marks, rust,etc..) I think that's what you mean right?

That works, black would be more apropriate. But heres what I think for the colors... Blue: Confed, Red: Border Worlds, Brown Kilrathi, Dark Blue: Police/Militia, Black: Pirates, Light Gray/White Mercs?

possible squadron names for the yellow hurricanes/ and or other squadrons:

yellow hearts

wild bees

bengal tigers ( actually a real air force squadron)

( yellow ) Barons

wise owls

Here's that Vendetta with some skull and crossbones (It's a lil haphazardly placed on there,Which I kinda figured it would be anyways) and also the in the black.....Looks sick lookin, good idea (RapierDragon) on putting a Pirate logo on it. It now does look as a Pirate fighter.

Attachments

• Vend01.jpg
    Vend01.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Vende02.jpg
    Vende02.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 145
possible squadron names for the yellow hurricanes/ and or other squadrons:

yellow hearts

wild bees

bengal tigers ( actually a real air force squadron)

( yellow ) Barons

wise owls

I really like the Yellow Hearts, That one stuck out of the bunch for me :D

Here's the Hurricane II with those changes to the intakes so they're a little less prominent. Check it ! (I changed them up a bit too)...

If you guys should really wonder where alot of the pieces are from on this fighter...here it goes....Of coarse I redid all of textures

Those intakes? Yea got those from a B-Wing
The guns....got both shapes from I believe the WC 3d collection
The Fuselage...It's actually from the Vendetta (Oddly enough)...Of coarse I shaped it to be how it is now
The Wings...Made em up....That armor cladding similar to the Raptor..Made that up....and also the cockpit area...Made that up too. The engines in the rear I made up the shape and I can't remember where I got the actual interior engine texture but that's made up too.

Also the Fuselage itself has to be redone (Texture wise) It's not very crisp

Attachments

• Cane10.jpg
    Cane10.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 169
Looking mean and powerful

Whoa... slept a lot today.

On colors

Red coloring certainly seems good.

Yeah, the first yellow Hurricane you posted... the intakes looked a lot less pronouced. The second yellow one, with wider spacing in the intake grills, seems to correct the issue.

Colorized squads... they did have them as far back as WC1. I recall a Killer Bee squad which featured yellow'n'black striping on a small part of the craft... there was other designs too, Shooting Star (with logo of such), etc... usually done as a logo which occupied half of the outer side of the vertical wings (no real pics of it up in WCnews ship-guide that I can use for reference).

In Macross and Robotech squads were actually done by color a number of times... Usually outright color-schemes were used (red squad, blue squad, skull squad (black with skull/bones), gold squad, green squad, and so on)... mixed colors were usually a "name" type squad (blue with yellow lightning-like stripes was "Lightning squad"...

...but only a few times were their logo-based squads (Wolf squad, Hawk squad, etc) cause the logos were small and only appeared on wings and ailerons (sp? the small vertical control wing at back of ship).

On Bomber Variants

As to the bomber variant idea: I can't entirely recall why they did it in WC... most likely and most logical reasons are the usual...

Reason 1: a physical lack of actual bombers (i.e. they needed 30 out flying, but only had 12 bombers cause the rest were under repairs or had been blown up)

Reason 2: or the situation is such that regular bombers wouldn't survive long enough (too many enemy fighters, not enough friendly cover, etc) ... hence mod'ing a medium or heavy fighter to carry a torp or two and then having extra medium or heavy fighters (done with bomber-type loadouts) would be sent (so same number of torp's would be sent as if they had sent all bombers instead).

On Pirate Logo

An alternate for skull and cross-bones is the skull and cross-swords... and it works better. The crossed swords you got there certainly give it this "we're gonna killa ya" look to the logo. For the Vendetta I suggest an additional logo on the top-front angled part of the nose, and again on the outer wings (on the vertical aileron or whatever its called).

If you pull the attached image up, you'll see the 3 locations for a good side-view logo... the 3rd (mid-body) is a somewhat poor location cause it'll be unseen whenever the fighter it pointed away from you.

Did a pic showing good locations. Side-view logos are usually larger and more common than logos on the top/bottom, at least for most games and real-life situations.

Attachments

• Vendetta-Pirate-arr.JPG
    Vendetta-Pirate-arr.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 145
I totally redid the Fuselage on the Hurricane II, so there's a little more detail, it's a little more refined etc.....Check it out....

As far as the pirate fighter is concerned I'm probably only going to have those two skull and swords I'll probably make it look better so it's not so hodgepodge placed on the Vendetta but I'm pretty much done with that one...And more than likely done with the Hurricane II at the moment.. I gotta work on other fighters mainly the Nephilim fighters....etc...I still have to get to one more ship...Then I'll get this website thing outta the way so everyone knows what's going on...anyway...Here's shots of the Hurricane II....Enjoy.

Attachments

• Cane01.jpg
    Cane01.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Cane02.jpg
    Cane02.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 151
Back