WC:CD "Fan Input"

no i mean that when i look at it with all its guns on the sides of the ship have nothing on them and when i see that i thing say that you can get it that way just shoot it form its sides and it be dead cause theres no side defence and 12 guns for a ship that size sound small i would have thought with a ship of that size there be more. also i dont know if you've thought of this but isn't it possible to say that some better weapons came out for capships that are better then whats on the ship but use less power to run i was just?

something else:

have you got an idea for the ingame flightmusic yet? I would recommand industrial (like prophecy) and not orchestralmusic, since the prophecyfeeling is better captured with fast paced music

I guess it comes down to....what can I use and what can't I use. I can't exactly use music without an artists permission. But I guess I can use music from previous games. I'm not really too sure. If someone wants to fill me in that would be great :D

I know how to implement tracks into the game engine (I think there's 10 in all) but the choice is really. What should I put into it. Currently, I have a bunch of Megadeth songs that I implemented (which I wasn't going to use) but sound pretty kick ass and fast paced, basically because of copyright laws I guess. But what can I use?

cool industrial music is e.g.: cobalt 60 (yes, they made more music), wumpscut,prodigy etc.

or ambient music

I am not really sure if you need the artists permission, as long as you mention the source of the music and keep the mod non commercial (freeware)

Now this looks like some kind of Merc Ship right?

Not really.. it looks like a military destroyer. When I think of merc ships, I think of some stray Centurions and not a large warship that takes hundreds and hundreds of highly trained soldiers to staff.

So It was just a thought, but at least a plausible one for the storyline. When Confed mothballed alot of the fleet ships, in light of the newer megacarriers "Midway Class" etc... It might have seemed plausible that a few of the older ships especially the smaller ones (Destroyers, Corvettes, Cargo ships, even smaller cruisers). Went on the black market of some type. And with the advent of the Nephilim Virus and the second Nephilim incursion. It's rather plausable that perhaps confed needed the credits by then. Instead of totally scrapping old ships, the extremely old ones just got sold off. To make way for newer/larger ship classes "Indomitable".

I don't see this as plausible. You have a small market for small time nations buying old ships, but not the newer stuff. Your big crises that exist may prevent high end ships from being made, but it doesn't justify them being sold off. You need those ships to deal with whatever the crisis is, and Confed's the only person who can staff and maintain them. Again, you need hundreds of people to really keep a destroyer going. You can force a story where a makeshift band of people gets a ship going for some special occasion (and they did that already, WC False Colors), but it's not really a thing that should be happening all over.

If you're really hooked on having the destroyer I'd suggest going for some sort of inter-planetary militia setup - some kind of fragment of colonies banding together and running whatever old equipment they can buy, loot or steal. Not even Zachary Banfeld's "Guild" in False Colors ran a destroyer, and they were described as a highly organized group than spanned from the Landreich to Sirius. Their best combat ship was a slapdash carrier conversion that even the 2660s Landreich Navy turned down.

It ought to look way more beat-to-hell, too - I'm thinking of how the Johnny Greene is described: jury-rigged and full of salvaged equipment that breaks down regularly.

Not really.. it looks like a military destroyer. When I think of merc ships, I think of some stray Centurions and not a large warship that takes hundreds and hundreds of highly trained soldiers to staff.

I don't see this as plausible. You have a small market for small time nations buying old ships, but not the newer stuff. Your big crises that exist may prevent high end ships from being made, but it doesn't justify them being sold off. You need those ships to deal with whatever the crisis is, and Confed's the only person who can staff and maintain them. Again, you need hundreds of people to really keep a destroyer going. You can force a story where a makeshift band of people gets a ship going for some special occasion (and they did that already, WC False Colors), but it's not really a thing that should be happening all over.

Hmm Very good point...I mean it does possibly take hundreds of soldier/personnel to staff. Sounds like I might have to stick to the original Confed story background and not have the story go in the Merc direction. Having the Destroyer as some type of Special Operatives vessel although seems like a cool idea...there really is alot of filler that has to come into play. When you're with Confed there's less filler (It's already been filled). Thanks for bringing up that obvious point, as I laugh at myself for thinking it up.

Or maybe you can have it as a company ship or a corporations test bed ship and they hired mercenaries to work with them to test their new toys like those fighters you made. And as there were working a distress call came in and they were the only ones close enough to help and they did and got stuck helping until reinforcement can get to them or something like that. That way you can have your mercenaries your worked on still in the game but maybe instead of the caption of the Revenge he’s caption of a well armed transport that can us the landing bay and all the pilots are hired hands for here and there to help the ship stay alive cause the company’s not fighters so they use there money to get fighters to defend them. That might be a better way of putting that ship together and if you what that mercenary to caption the Revenge say that the real caption got killed in a stupid move on his part and almost got the ship killed to and he takes over as he has combat experience.

Yeah, the largest ship (for the most successful say pirate enterprise) I'd expect non-military criminal forces to have is a frigate (as seen in WC4) and even that would be reserved for only the most highly organized cartels.

I'd expect something more along the lines of a Drayman or another civilian ship.

Jason, have you read the first page of this thread lately? That was a year ago, and where is the project now? I think a lot of those same posts on the first page still apply. The project itself turns three years old pretty soon. There's dozens of ships apparently built, but what are they for? You said you were deep in to a website last year. How's that coming? I see trace references to mission and story. Is there a time table for making progress on those? It seems like you're dedicated to this, but if you don't have a fairly firm idea associated with these questions, there won't be an end in sight.

Sorry about my tardiness....Work, life , blah blah blah, etc..etc... Has been keeping me busy for the past few months. I still have been working on the project just slower than usual and even that seems super SLOOOOOW. But I want you all to know that the project isn't dead. It just had a small detour for a lil while.

On another note. My email is Hulse83@hotmail.com. I always get and reply for those of you who use email as a mobile text messaging like I do :p . Look for new screenshots within the next coming weeks. I've been working on more gameflow stuff if anything lately (Ready Room pics, Visual upgrades to Nephilim Ships, and enhanced visual upgrades to confed ships that I've done. But check the forums within the next few days, For I will be posting more WIP shots. Cheers.

I've been working on a few of the Firekkan designs I had months back perhaps even more than a year ago? times flyin that's for sure.

Also a number of upgraded designs for previous ships. I know this seems a lil vague but... I'll show screenshots at some point, hopefully shortly (Upgraded my comp and cannot do screenshots damn Nvidia) :p

Perhabs you can use FRAPS to create screenshots.
http://www.fraps.com/
I'm looking forward to the screenshots.
Btw have you thought of releasing the models in 3DS format or something like that at some point incase someone wishes to convert them for other games?

Why not ask the author? But i do agree it is an awfull lot of work for just one person, and also he probably has a personal life, job, and family.

No mission is ever a lost cause. ;) What would you like to know? And also anything you would like to see? or even put my talents to? Any specific ship you'd like to see. I really have to give into writting some type of script.

I've been working on a few of the Firekkan designs I had months back perhaps even more than a year ago? times flyin that's for sure.

Also a number of upgraded designs for previous ships. I know this seems a lil vague but... I'll show screenshots at some point, hopefully shortly (Upgraded my comp and cannot do screenshots damn Nvidia) :p

is your computer meanwhile upgraded?

Back